ISRU116 on LMCOPY

Bob Bridges

Apr 16, 2021, 6:18:33 PM4/16/21
You know, it's remarkable how often I find the cause of my problem when I
set out to ask about it here. In the process I have to give all the
background particulars, and about half the time I realize what I did wrong
while doing that.

In this case I was using LMCOPY to copy a bunch of members from one dataset
to another, and running into this error:

ISRU116

I/O error on BLDL
BLDL I/O error member ACFLABE on "to" data set. 0 members complete.

Current dialog statement:
LMCOPY FROMID(ISR00031) FROMMEM(*) TODATAID(ISR00032)

I couldn't make sense of the manual's description of ISRU116 and was going
to ask about it. I set out to describe the ALLOC statement I used to create
the dataset before doing the LMINIT/LMCOPY/LMFREE, and realized that I'd
forgotten to include directory blocks.

---
Bob Bridges, robhb...@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313

/* In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by
everyone, something that no one ever knew before....in poetry, it's the
exact opposite. -Paul Dirac */

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Dave Salt

Apr 16, 2021, 7:29:09 PM4/16/21
Well there's your problem!

LOL nice one Bob, thanks for sharing 🙂

Dave Salt

SimpList™ - try it; you'll get it!
https://www.mackinney.com/products/program-development/simplist.html
Apr 17, 2021, 9:16:59 PM4/17/21
> On 2021-04-17, at 18:20:37, Bob Bridges wrote:
>
> Wasn't there a Far-Side cartoon with that caption? I can hear the mechanic-or-whatever saying "Well, there's your problem right there!". But I can't remember what the actual picture was.

http://www.edwardkoren.com/well-theres-your-problem-cartoons-by-edward-koren/

GIYF,
gil