Cann’t get CRP to 1 for TBGET

Joseph Reichman

Jun 29, 2021, 1:48:16 PM6/29/21
Hi

I would like to read an ISPF table from the first entry to the last
I have tried bot TBTOP and TBSKIP
With ROW(0)
When I do a TBGET after wards with POSITION(CURRCRP) where ISPF will store the crp of the row being accessed
The value of CURRCRP is 8 ( I have 8 entries in my table ) should be 1

Thanks
send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Dave Salt

Jun 29, 2021, 2:01:14 PM6/29/21
It's been a while but try TBVCLEAR

Sent from my Galaxy

Joseph Reichman

Jun 29, 2021, 2:05:05 PM6/29/21
Thanks

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 2:01 PM, Dave Salt <ds...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's been a while but try TBVCLEAR

Willy Jensen

Jun 29, 2021, 2:11:32 PM6/29/21
I usually do something like

TBTOP table
TBQUERY table ROWNUM(ROWN)
Do rown
TBSKIP table
End
TBEND table

Jun 29, 2021, 2:19:04 PM6/29/21
ROWN will contain the number of rows in table ?

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 2:11 PM, Willy Jensen <wi...@harders-jensen.com> wrote:
>
> I usually do something like

Willy Jensen

Jun 29, 2021, 2:26:10 PM6/29/21
Yes
ROWNUM('rownum') rownum name of the variable to contain the number of rows in the table.
And the combination TBTOP and TBSKIP with default options will position at the first row.

Jun 29, 2021, 2:33:43 PM6/29/21
Thanks

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 2:26 PM, Willy Jensen <wi...@harders-jensen.com> wrote:
>
> Yes

Paul Gilmartin

Jun 29, 2021, 3:14:09 PM6/29/21
On 2021-06-29, at 11:47:50, Joseph Reichman wrote:
> When I do a TBGET after wards with POSITION(CURRCRP) where ISPF will store the crp of the row being accessed
> The value of CURRCRP is 8 ( I have 8 entries in my table ) should be 1

The ISPF Services API should be made Compound Symbol savvy, with
commands such as:
{TBGET|TBPUT} table-name SAVENAME(stem.)

to transfer between an entire table and a compound symbol.

Similar concerns for Edit transferring a range of lines
with no need for coding a loop.

-- gil

Seymour J Metz

Jun 29, 2021, 3:20:16 PM6/29/21
RFE time? I imagine people would concurr with both.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

Jun 29, 2021, 3:56:29 PM6/29/21
However ( I have a keyed table jobname is the key )

I need to initialize jobname to first entry in the table right before the first TBGET right ?

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 3:52 PM, ITschak Mugzach <imug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You need to perform a loop of tbskip after tbtop call until tbskip return

Itschak Mugzach

Jun 29, 2021, 4:00:16 PM6/29/21
No. Table sequential read is done by TBTOP and loop of tbskip until tx >0.
No need to init any key value. When table is at top no raw read.

ITschak

בתאריך יום ג׳, 29 ביוני 2021 ב-22:56 מאת Joseph Reichman <
reich...@gmail.com>:
--

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux

*|* *Email**: i_mu...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il **|*

Joseph Reichman

Jun 29, 2021, 4:11:32 PM6/29/21
I did the following did the tbtop did tbvclear before
Then at the first TBGET coded
TBGET JOBMONT POSITION(CURRCRP)

as i was wanted to see current crp which the documentation says ISPF will store got a RC 8 which the doc says that it didn’t find the row pointed by my key variable

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 4:00 PM, Itschak Mugzach <i_mu...@securiteam.co.il> wrote:
>
> No. Table sequential read is done by TBTOP and loop of tbskip until tx >0.

Frank Clarke

Jun 29, 2021, 4:25:15 PM6/29/21
No, you do not have to initialize anything if you TBTOP + TBSKIP until rc=8.   Each TBSKIP will load all the non-null KEYS and NAMES along with any extension variables row-by-row.
You are seriously over-thinking this.