Definition of "clue" (was "Signal on error"

Bob Bridges

Apr 20, 2021, 4:31:56 PM4/20/21
Hm, I wonder. I was thinking of "clue" as meaning it could lead an investigator to consider a certain interpretation even if it isn't conclusive. But maybe you're right.

It's rather like "evidence", in that sense. I claim that I saw a street magician levitate, and you might say "you can say that, but you can't present any evidence for it". But my testimony ~is~ evidence (even though it's not proof). You have to decide whether you believe the evidence.

---
Bob Bridges, robhb...@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313

/* In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before....in poetry, it's the exact opposite. -Paul Dirac */