System abends in Rexx

Joseph Reichman

May 11, 2021, 9:46:18 AM5/11/21
First
I want to thank Peter Van Dyke and Willy Jensen being a newbie in Rexx they have helped me out

Peter in invoking file manager from Rexx I needed three Parms the documentation isn’t clear but after. CMD(MYREXX PARM1 PARM2

regarding capturing abends such as E37 I’m able to trap it in SIGNAL FAILURE however the z/os messages still appear even with outtrap I understand outtrap is for tso messages wondering if there is anyway to bypass them

Thanks

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Willy Jensen

May 11, 2021, 11:50:37 AM5/11/21
You can use the rc=MSG('OFF') to prevent display of TSO informational messages, but I am not sure that an abend qualifies. I have had mixed results using it to test for program not available (=abend 806).

May 11, 2021, 12:14:09 PM5/11/21
OUTTRAP only gets lines written by PUTLINE and PUTGET. You can read lines written by TPUT if you're running under TSO Session Manager, but that's not common.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3