Is there a way to log rexx trace output to a file?

arj...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2021, 5:59:44 PM3/15/21
I need to save the rexx trace output to a file. Instead of taking screnshots, is there a better way to save the output of a rexx which contains panels and inputs to a file?
Thank you

Peter Vels

Mar 20, 2021, 11:28:01 PM3/20/21
On Tuesday, 16 March 2021 at 8:59:44 am UTC+11, arj...@gmail.com wrote:
> I need to save the rexx trace output to a file. Instead of taking screnshots, is there a better way to save the output of a rexx which contains panels and inputs to a file?
> Thank you

Try this:

/* Rexx to demonstrate trapping of TRACE output */
capture = outtrap('grabit.')
call pvcpupct /* <----- there are TRACE commands in this Rexx */
dsn = userid()'.my.trace'
address TSO
"delete" dsn
capture = outtrap('OFF')
"alloc fi(my) da('"dsn"') new catalog space(1 1) tracks"
"execio * diskW my (stem grabit. finis)"
"free fi(my)"
address ISPEXEC "view dataset('"dsn"')"
exit

I hope it's what you're looking for. If not, please let me know. Change PVCPUPCT in the above code to the exec you need the output from.

Regards,
Peter