ROWID from TBSCAN getting RC 8 from TBSKIP ?

Joseph Reichman

Jul 1, 2021, 10:41:48 AM7/1/21
Hi

I did a TBSCAN using the table key variable in the arglist rowid of the TBSCAN pointed to 8 byte field which I initialized as such pos = substr(‘ ‘,1,8) the TBSCAN return 00000001 in pos I next used pos in TBSKIP the ROWID(POS) parm and got an 8 how could this be ?

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Willy Jensen

Jul 1, 2021, 10:56:32 AM7/1/21
Try ROWID('pos')'
pos must be a numeric value - NOT the variable name used in TBSCAN ROWID.

Jul 1, 2021, 11:28:16 AM7/1/21
Willy thanks for the idea

Actually got an 8 on that too
I ended up “TBSKIP JOBMONT ROW(“ || POS || “) POSITION(CURRCRP)”

> On Jul 1, 2021, at 10:56 AM, Willy Jensen <wi...@harders-jensen.com> wrote:
>
> Try ROWID('pos')'

Willy Jensen

Jul 1, 2021, 12:09:12 PM7/1/21
Ok, well, here is a sample with a keyed table which works for me:

queue ' Alpha Doctor Who is a British science-fiction'

queue ' Bravo television programme produced by the BBC'

queue ' Charlie from 1963 to the present day. The programme'

queue ' Delta depicts the adventures of the Doctor, a Time'

queue ' Echo Lord a time-travelling humanoid alien.'

queue ' Foxtrot He explores the'

queue ' Golf universe in his TARDIS, a sentient time-travelling'

queue ' Hotel space ship. Its exterior appears as a blue British'

queue ' India police box, which was a common sight in Britain'

queue ' Juliet in 1963 when the series first aired. Along with a'

queue ' Kilo succession of companions, the Doctor combats a variety'

queue ' Lima of foes while working to save civilisations and help'

queue ' Mike people in need.'

address ispexec

"tbcreate t1 keys(name) names(text) nowrite"

do queued()

parse pull name text

name=translate(strip(name))

"tbadd t1"

end

"tbtop t1"

"tbvclear t1"

name='KILO'

zerrlm=''

"tbscan t1 rowid(rown) arglist(name)"

say 'tbscan rc' rc zerrlm 'rown:' rown

"tbskip t1 row("rown")"

say 'tbskip rc' rc 'text:' text

"tbend t1"

TBSCAN says rownum=1, but TBSKIP still finds the correct row, so I tried:

"tbscan t1 arglist(name)"

"tbskip t1"

say 'tbskip rc' rc 'text:' text

and I still get the correct row listed.

I ended up “TBSKIP JOBMONT ROW(“ || POS || “) POSITION(CURRCRP)”

> On Jul 1, 2021, at 10:56 AM, Willy Jensen < <mailto:wi...@harders-jensen.com> wi...@harders-jensen.com> wrote:

> Try ROWID('pos')'

> pos must be a numeric value - NOT the variable name used in TBSCAN ROWID.

Joseph Reichman

Jul 1, 2021, 12:49:07 PM7/1/21
Thanks