Compiled rexx and Address ISPEXEC

ITschak Mugzach

Apr 25, 2021, 7:06:54 AM4/25/21
It looks like that the ISPF variable pool and the rexx variable pool are
not shared if the program is compiled as a load module (I know that CEXEC
might work).
I compiled a rexx exec and the rexx variables are not known to the dialog
manager (my case, DISPLAY PANEL service). However, I can access the
variables defined on the panel after display.
When run uncompiled, variabes are recognized and well displayed on the
panel.

Stub used is MVS (but it doesn't work with other sy=tubs as well).

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon *

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Binyamin Dissen

Apr 25, 2021, 11:12:10 AM4/25/21
How do you invoke (in both cases)?

Does VCOPY work?

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdi...@dissensoftware.com>
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Itschak Mugzach

Apr 25, 2021, 12:13:14 PM4/25/21
Call ‘lib(pgm)’ for the load module, ex ‘libc(ohm)’ for rexx interpreter
or cexed

בתאריך יום א׳, 25 באפר׳ 2021 ב-18:12 מאת Binyamin Dissen <
bdi...@dissensoftware.com>:
--

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux

*|* *Email**: i_mu...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il **|*

Seymour J Metz

Apr 25, 2021, 12:21:14 PM4/25/21
Those are TSO commands. Try invoking them directly, e.g., using the cmd() or pgm() options of SELECT.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

bdi...@dissensoftware.com>:

> How do you invoke (in both cases)?
>
> Does VCOPY work?
>
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 14:06:32 +0300 ITschak Mugzach <imug...@GMAIL.COM>
> wrote:
>
> :>It looks like that the ISPF variable pool and the rexx variable pool are
> :>not shared if the program is compiled as a load module (I know that CEXEC
> :>might work).
> :>I compiled a rexx exec and the rexx variables are not known to the dialog
> :>manager (my case, DISPLAY PANEL service). However, I can access the
> :>variables defined on the panel after display.
> :>When run uncompiled, variabes are recognized and well displayed on the
> :>panel.
>
> :>Stub used is MVS (but it doesn't work with other sy=tubs as well).
>
> --
> Binyamin Dissen <bdi...@dissensoftware.com>
> http://secure-web.cisco.com/1De8OX3xtNq4fGG2I3yQgHwj9ASInOPx4WI_PelWaAe4xKz2ifKBn9up-6skEG-manFpMkjHr38mnSWDCxfwxhTbiJABEosh5Jadz4sxa7vexnVLaGdiuYMpTQVhZANtuisyFRVsgNnDLUs0Kyyx_C88D6K8ioqoZ14inU3w-_x-qhb35sREDWnONSPd8TKrQ80CoVeti8nJxYT5ZEkIaabSW5cBl-cbKZgVcHpwSspXQ3jFr6wx5MhxoRU2fRkG9QPBYxon1BHxOqn3fl-AidBnM6qZ26f0o332fX5J9nrC7Z1BQleRl8nKiUQxFb92fYTmDjgXKcol3QqlOgsO0O9DUBLWAMDauodHaz-sAnuLMEmhHBxuqSMohkU9RKscYB04Ky6uF9mAtWKGIUWyma8p9cHr0ZZrsvWMdMXv4sVZZBtXisiKFs1J9GhM2xvvZ/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dissensoftware.com
>
> Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel

> For TSO-REXX subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
> send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

--

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **| *

*|* *Email**: i_mu...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: http://secure-web.cisco.com/1j9CO5PDrubnKSC3hL9wBTE5kYdGSoKZdIemlpBsZJcsedbgwuQO02dvLca_bKpcF6rRV-szlZ1fXplxiU60KMyiG_RE6Cj44gPThLoPp1XX-ksL7d63gbLXdCRoglWvlxMyhN-oH8wXmYeRf0_gg8XddH-RKGIJ1vgUuWknaWKInxj8jzRhRE6wrUgCfg4F-akNRFy8HDodXsohIVoo4C8WQxMZFJUX3um_lkhsVYPxqa_rVAhwVVUEsUBptXOL-Fi8b1mmsfrkmz63pplEPkeHZsViCNZFjOe7zeaUB-iSsYS2xDAPO95tchp_iCPEIq3i2QiETr2ANnmqV70nk2pu7pznurUSAnVdfZvCzicCQ9yiJdq03IO0qDehMwDAsE5ZUWBNvGTcghKfQalv5nR9FSsoWunGyEdM62FkBidxia0QrPh87FXjA1IsAGMK_/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.Securiteam.co.il **|*

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

ITschak Mugzach

Apr 26, 2021, 2:03:59 AM4/26/21
Tried that. got 0c4. there is an old apar discussing that. I need a load
module not CEXEC which works well.