Saint Petersburg, Russia

Edward D.Wickham

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
I am interested in any information any of you may have regarding The Hemitage
and a trip for one week to Saint Petersburg, Russia sometime at the end of
June. What is the weather like? What is the hotel accommodations? What is
the food like? What else should I know, e.g., should I go on a tour. I am 66
years old and love being on my own, but I am not sure whether I should try it
on my own. Should I bring anything special with me, as there is the old story
of toilet paper and soap. Does that still exist? I'd appreciate any help you
can give me. I look forward to seeing this beautiful place! Elaine Wickham

Holger Theobald cnsf

Feb 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/8/96

I visited St. Petersburg during Easter last year and I liked it very
much, Of course it is a bit cool, temperatures are only a few degrees
above celcius and in the middle of April there might still be ice on the
river Nieva. If you have warm clothing this is no problem.
The Hermitage is very beautiful and interesting and I recommend a visit.
On the other side of river Nieva (Opposite the Hermitage) is a less known

Natural history museum which has a 50 000 years old mammut, found in the
Sibirian tundra almost 100 years ago. It was frozen and the dogs following
the expedition could still eat the meat of it. It is now possible to see
the animal in this museum. There are also plenty of skeletons of other
ancient animals.

The Nievski prospect is the main shopping area. There is a metro going there.
I had some difficulty to find out what kind of shops there were, I had to
look inside the doors as there not were many signs around. Russian
produced things are cheap but imported stuff is more expensive.

The "Blood church" near Nievski prospect with its onion like colourful
towers is also beautiful.
Ones I also took the trolley bus and the metro to a suburb area of S:t
Petersburg. It was intersting too look at the russian life in a suburb.
Also just visiting a postoffice with its simple equipment was interesting.

The food is OK, but it is best to eat boiled food. It is not advisable to
drink water from the tap without having it boiled first. Giardia Lamblia
and other microorganisms could otherwise upset the stomach.

If you have more questions, just write

Holger

--
-- Holger....@cnsf.ki.se

Elaine Wickham

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
> -- Holger....@cnsf.ki.seI thank you for being so informative but I
must confess, I am an
American and am not quite sure what temperature in degrees "celcius" is.
Can you please tell me if it is 50 or 60 degrees as it is at this time
of year (April) in the United States. Is it expensive in Russia? In
what ways do they cater to the tourist? If you cannot drink the water,
what is substituted?....and don't say Vodka. How much of the language
do I have to know? Do many Russians speak English? I love borscht, and
I only know one word, i.e., "dosvedonia". I am sure that will not
suffice. Someone mentioned to me that Russians like to exchange some
services for American products? Have you heard this and what would they
be? I really look forward to hearing more about St. Petersburg and the
Hermitage, as I already imagine I am there. Thank you, E. Wickham

Holger Theobald cnsf

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
On Sat, 10 Feb 1996 Elaine Wickham wrote:

> I thank you for being so informative but I must confess, I am an
> American and am not quite sure what temperature in degrees "celcius" is.
> Can you please tell me if it is 50 or 60 degrees as it is at this time
> of year (April) in the United States. Is it expensive in Russia? In
> what ways do they cater to the tourist? If you cannot drink the water,
> what is substituted?....and don't say Vodka. How much of the language
> do I have to know? Do many Russians speak English? I love borscht, and
> I only know one word, i.e., "dosvedonia". I am sure that will not
> suffice. Someone mentioned to me that Russians like to exchange some
> services for American products? Have you heard this and what would they
> be? I really look forward to hearing more about St. Petersburg and the
> Hermitage, as I already imagine I am there. Thank you, E. Wickham

Hello Elaine,

Temperature in Saint Petersburg was about 23 degrees Fahrenheit in=20
beginning of april 1995. At the end of april I think it can be about=20
32 degrees Fahrenheit. When we visited Siant Petersburg in beginning of=20
april it was still ice on the river Neva which flows through the city and=
=20
past the int=E5resting Peter and Paul castle.

You will need the formula converting celcius to fahrenheit degrees when=20
visiting europe: Fahrenheit=3D 1.8 * Celcius + 32

You can't drink water directly from the water tap. But boiled water like=20
tea, coffee etc is OK. Boiling kills microorganisms. You can also buy=20
mineral water in any shop.

If you don't like vodka you can try the Russian champaine which costs=20
about $2 for a big bottle.

Russians speak a little english and often also some german. So you do not=
=20
need to speak the russian language. Signs are often written with the=20
russian alphabet which has different letters.

Common souvenirs are russian dolls, petruska dolls (a set of about 7=20
dolls made of wood which can be put into eachother).

Russia is a cheap country and living standard is not so high. But there=20
are several good hotels in the city. I am not sure what kind of american=20
products you easily can exchange. People like to get pens as a gift.=20

Holger....@cnsf.ki.se

Linda Kuczwanski

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96

> You will need the formula converting celcius to fahrenheit degrees when
> visiting europe: Fahrenheit= 1.8 * Celcius + 32

It is often helpful to round these numbers off for ready use. For
example 2 * Celcius + 30 works justa about as well and is easier to remember.

Holger Theobald cnsf

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
Subject: Re: Saint Petersburg, Russia

On Sat, 10 Feb 1996 Elaine Wickham wrote:

> I thank you for being so informative but I must confess, I am an
> American and am not quite sure what temperature in degrees "celcius" is.
> Can you please tell me if it is 50 or 60 degrees as it is at this time
> of year (April) in the United States. Is it expensive in Russia? In
> what ways do they cater to the tourist? If you cannot drink the water,
> what is substituted?....and don't say Vodka. How much of the language
> do I have to know? Do many Russians speak English? I love borscht, and
> I only know one word, i.e., "dosvedonia". I am sure that will not
> suffice. Someone mentioned to me that Russians like to exchange some
> services for American products? Have you heard this and what would they
> be? I really look forward to hearing more about St. Petersburg and the
> Hermitage, as I already imagine I am there. Thank you, E. Wickham

Hello Elaine,

Temperature in Saint Petersburg was about 23 degrees Fahrenheit in

beginning of april 1995. At the end of april I think it can be about

32 degrees Fahrenheit. When we visited Siant Petersburg in beginning of

april it was still ice on the river Neva which flows through the city and

past the intåresting Peter and Paul castle.

[...]

James A. Schaefer

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
ok
// eoj
*---------------------------------+-----------------------------------*
| James A. Schaefer, Assoc. Prof | Internet: JSch...@grog.ric.edu |
| Math & Computer Science Dept | |
| Rhode Island College | Phone: 401 456-9758 / 456-8038 |
| Providence, RI 02908-1991 | FAX: 401-456-8379 |
| List Manager of Travel-L @ VM.ege.edu.tr |
*---------------------------------------------------------------------*

Brent McCunn

Feb 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/12/96
Greetings Elaine,

I noted your request again and as it was the same as before wondered if you
had received my reply sent previously?

You can easily go to St.Petersburg on your own, either staying at a hotel of
in a familystay. It is easy (an economical) to employ a local english
speaking guide to take you around for as many days as you want. I would
really suggest you try family stay and if you plan well enough in advance we
can even be selective. For example one of our favourite hosts in central
St.Petersburg is an english language professor at the University (single
Mother with 14 year old) in a large apartment right in the centre of
St.Peters! Ideal position and only $35/night including 2 meals a day! Safe,
clean and someone to talk to and gather information from.

The toilet paper and soap scenario is an urban mith nowdays.
Food is plentiful and reasonably expensive if you want quality. Again better
quality and economy in family stay.
Weather is usually good. Not much darkness! You know play tennis untill
midnight!

Hope this can help you. We are involved with travel to Russia for
independents and special interest groups. We also handle arrangements for
inbound Russian tourists to Australia and New Zealand.

Our land arrangements in Russia are well suited for the independent
traveller. We use "homestays" so that you get good accommodation and
experience contact with the local people. we can and do arrange hotel
accommodation but by the sound of your email homestay might appeal to you
more. Very safe and if you are early enough we can get you into some of our
"absolute central" older style apartments - one owned by an English language
professor at the University. 66 years is no limiting factor with travel to
St.Petersburg. If you get one of our central apartments you can walk to the
Hermitage. All our arrangements include the invitation required to obtain a
Russian visa. this can be faxed to you in the States.

the following outline shows a St.Peters/Moscow stopover. There is no problem
to making a programme for St.Peters only. Just give me a more detailed
itinerary request and I can quote for you.

Regards,
Brent

MOSCOW ST.PETERSBURG STOPOVER
*****************************
DAY 1: Arrive Moscow (train station or airport*), where you will be met and
transferred to your homestay
accommodation.
DAY 2: Today you will be met by our guide and taken on a 3 hour introductory
walking tour of the central sights of Moscow. This is a great way to learn
about the public transport system, which is very comprehensive and reasonably
efficient. The guided walk also orientates you to the main attractions and
the central city layout - a good confidence booster for your independent
sightseeing. Balance of day free.
DAY 3: Day for personal sightseeing or choose from one of our options.
DAY 4: Day for personal sightseeing. Late evening departure by sleeper train
to St.Petersburg.
DAY 5: Arrive St.Petersburg in the early morning where you will be met and
transferred to your homestay accommodation. After depositing your baggage
you will be taken on a 3 hour introductory walking tour of central
St.Petersburg. Again, a great way to learn about the public transport system
and orientate yourself.
DAY 6: Day for personal sightseeing or take one of our options.
DAY 7: Day for personal sightseeing.
DAY 8: Services end after breakfast.

INCLUDED:
********
*Inbound tranfer in Moscow & St.Petersburg. *3 hour walking tour of both
cities. *6 nights homestay accommodation with breakfast and evening meal.
*Overnight sleeper train. * Visa invitation. *Comprehensive pre-departure
information & sightseeing notes, inc. phrase book, city guide and map. *All
taxes relating to the services detailed.
COSTS: 8 day/7 night package:

USD$306/person - based on twin share. Single supplement USD$72 - does not
include single berth on train.
Overnight train upgrade from 4 to 2 berth cabin USD$28/person
Note * Surcharge if arrival transfers are from the airport - USD$18 total
for up to 2 persons.

Day Sightseeing with Private Car & Driver: The car & driver are available
for 8 hours to take you (virtually) anywhere in the cities of Moscow and
St.Petersburg. USD$120/car for up to 2 persons. USD$225/van for up to 4
persons.

MOSCOW:
Sergiev Posad (Zagorsk): Today this town is the spiritual centre of the
Russian Orthodox Church. Its previous name of Zagorsk was applied by the
communist regime, and has now reverted to its original name of Sergiev
Posad. The town
is 70km north of Moscow and the "Monastery Fortress" contains buildings
dating from medieval times. COSTS: USD$98 for 1 person. Up to 2 persons
USD$70 each. 3-4 persons USD$56 each.

ST.PETERSBURG:
Catherines or Petrodverts Palaces. A tour to either of these magnificent
palaces, situated outside the city. Both were summer residences of the royal
families and are built in an opulent style. They feature ornate gardens,
with Petrodverts being home to one of Europe's greatest display of formal
water fountains. COSTS: USD$127 for 1 person. 2 persons USD$77 each. 3-4
persons USD$56 each.

Ask for details of other sightseeing excursions.

Other programmes that we do. Can be done in reverse - different cost.

RUSSIAN PASSPORT/RED BEAR TOURS
SUMMER PROGAMMES
----------------
At this stage all departure days from Beijing are the same. Prices are
correct at the time of printing. NOTE: Any programmes (option 5+6) with a
Mongolian stopover can be subject to a slight variation. Mongolian rail
authorities have not set exact timetables as yet. Therefore, if they
instigate a change, which means a longer or shorter stay in Mongolia,
clients must be prepared to pay for this change (or receive a refund for
less days), or change to another programme. Normally they finalise their
times by the end of March.
The following programmes are designed to obtain the best price for the most
popular amount of time allocated by travellers to Russia and to visit the
places most requested by visitors. We can, and do, arrange individual
itineraries to suit personal wishes.

SPECIAL NOTE: Option 1 through to Option 8 include a 3 night Moscow & St
Petersburg package inclusions; 4 berth rail sleepers from Beijing to St
Petersburg, all meals, accommodation, transfers and some tours in Ulan
Bataar. Three nights homestay accommodation in Moscow and St Petersburg,
including breakfast & dinner daily, plus inbound transfers, introductory
walking tour of Moscow & St.Petersburg. All taxes Moscow & St Petersburg,
visa invitation, comprehensive pre-departure information & sightseeing
notes, inc. phrase book, city guide and map.

Option 1: TRANS SIBERIAN - Remains the same for those joining in Khabarovsk,
or travelling from Beijing through North Korea. Moscow/St Petersburg
package included (see special note).COST; US$725 Single supplement US$90.
Upgrade train to 2 berth US$275. Vladivostok extension to be arranged.

Option 2: TRANS MANCHURIAN - To date the programme remains the same.
Moscow/St Petersburg package inc. (see special note). COST: US$589/ person
twin share. Single supplement (excluding train) US$57. Upgrade train to 2
berth US$188

Option 3: TRANS MANCHURIAN - Beijing to St Petersburg with a 3 day Irkutsk
stopover, 3 nights in Moscow and St Petersburg. Itinerary as per the main
brochure, with the following variations.
IRKUTSK STOPOVER
a) Homestay accommodation at Lake Baikal for two nights FB, and one night in
Irkutsk HB. All transfers by car. COST: US$975/ person twin share. Single
supplement US$57 (exc. train). To upgrade train to 2 berth US$387
b) Homestay at the village of Listvyanka (or similar) for three nights and
one night in Irkutsk. Transfers by car with full board throughout. Entrance
to Limnological Museum, Baikal National Park fee and a guided walking tour
of Irkutsk & other areas is included. Moscow/St Petersburg package inc. (see
special note). COST: US$1266/person inc Irkutsk option b. Single supplement
US$57 exc. train. Upgrade train to 2 berth US$387

Option 4: TRANS MONGOLIAN - The itinerary remains the same. The comfort and
cleanliness problems previously experienced, have been improved and the 4
berth cabins are again on offer. It is worth noting that this is a Chinese
train and the cabin situations vary in 2 berth. Each 2 berth cabin shares a
small bathroom with the cabin next door, whereas on the Russian trains 2
berth cabins still have the same bathroom arrangements as 4 berth - 1
bathroom at either end of the carriage.
Moscow/St Petersburg package inc. (see special note). COSTS: US$680/per twin
share Single supplement US$57 (exc. train). Upgrade train to 2 berth
throughout US$289/person. Moscow to St Petersburg is a Russian train.

Option 5: TRANS MONGOLIAN - Beijing to St.Petersburg including, 5 day
Mongolian Stopover, 3 nights in Moscow & St.Petersburg. The train departs
Beijing every Tuesday at 0740hrs and arrives into Ulan Bataar on Wednesday
afternoon. During your 5 day semi-escorted stay in Ulan Bataar, you will
tour the city, visit museums, Buddhist Temples and attend a cultural
performance. The Ulan Bataar to Moscow train leaves at 1350hrs on Saturday
arriving into Moscow on Wednesday at 1720hrs. Moscow/St Petersburg package
inc. (see special note). COST US$1250 per person twin share. Single
supplement (exc. train) US$57. Upgrade train to 2 berth US$289-note no 2
berth Ulan Baator to Irkutsk. Available 09/04/96 to 29/10/96.

Option 6: TRANS MONGOLIAN - Beijing to St.Petersburg with a 5 day Mongolian
stopover, 3 or 4 day Irkutsk stopover, 3 nights in Moscow & St Petersburg.
The train departs Beijing every Tuesday at 0740hrs and arrives into Ulan
Bataar on Wednesday afternoon. During your 5 day semi-escorted stay in Ulan
Bataar, you will tour the city, visit museums, Buddhist Temples and attend a
cultural performance. The Ulan Bataar to Irkutsk train leaves at 2100hrs on
Monday arriving into Irkutsk on Wednesday at 0805hrs. The Irkutsk to Moscow
train ( the "Baikal" - one of the best trains in Russia) departs on Saturday
at 0753hrs arriving into Moscow on Tuesday at 1600hrs.
IRKUTSK STOPOVER
a) Homestay accommodation at Lake Baikal for two nights FB, and one night in
Irkutsk HB. All transfers by car. COST: US$1736/person twin share including
Irkutsk option (a). Single supplement US$57 excluding the train. Upgrade
train to 2 berth US$289 There is no 2 berth between Ulan Baator & Irkutsk.
b) Homestay at the village of Listvyanka (or similar) for three nights and
one night in Irkutsk. Transfers by car with full board throughout. Entrance
to Limnological Museum, Baikal National Park fee and a guided walking tour
of Irkutsk & other areas is included. Moscow/St Petersburg package inc. (see
special note).
COST: US$1670/person twin share inc Irkutsk option (b). Single supplement
US$57 not excluding train.

Option 7: TRANS KAZAKHSTAN EXPRESS (Silk Route).
This programme as printed (ie camping and horse) will operate but at press
time we had not received final prices. Train packages using this route can
be quoted upon request.

Option 8: THE BAM TRANS-SIBERIAN
Details available upon request.

Option 9: NORTH KOREA. Programmes to North Korea from Beijing and return,
are available (subject to current political situations), as is the train
from Beijing via Pyongyang to connect with the Trans Siberian near
Vladivostok - the longest continuous train journey in the world!

Option 10: BEIJING STOPOVER: Includes 2 nights accommodation with private
facilities and full buffet breakfast. We leave it up to you as to whether
you want private transfers, which we can request in advance. Untill 15/03/96
US$65 per person based on twin share. Single supplement US$65. Extra nights
US$32/person. Single US$65. 16/03/96 to 31/08 + 01/11 to 30/11/96: US$95 per
person based on twin share. Single supplement US$95. Extra nights
US$47/person. Single US$95. Extra Service options: Airport - in or outbound
transfers Twin US$33/person. Single US$47 . Railway station - in or outbound
transfers. Twin US$18/person. Single US$35/person. Sightseeing excurions
available upon request.

Option 11: MONGOLIAN ADVENTURE TOUR: This will operate from the end of June
1996 to early September 1996. There are 6, 11 and 17 day programmes and
prices range from US$760 to US$1848 depending upon the duration and the
number of people participating in the trip.

Option 12: RUSSIAN LANGUGE COURSES: These operate throughout the year and
still provide the best way to absorb current Russian culture and lifestyle.

Option 13: EXPRESS BUDGET PACK
Should your time, or budget not allow one of our more substantial
programmes, it is possible to purchase a ticket for travel from Beijing to
Moscow. The express ticket departs Beijing every Saturday at 2032hrs on the
Trans Manchurian route and travels directly to Moscow arriving the following
Friday at 2050hrs. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your
homestay for 3 nights (inc Breakfast & evening meal). Also included is our
pre-departure and travel guide plus a phrase book. It is highly reccommended
to take Option 1 as it represents greater value, or one of the other options
which allow a break in the journey. With the express ticket you cannot get
on and off the train. If you leave the train the ticket is void.
COST: US$480/person. Single add US$16 (exc. train). Upgrade train to 2 berth
US$188.

NEW FOR 1996:
We now have a varied range of new stopover options for the Irkutsk and Lake
Baikal region. In the summer it is now possible to go hiking, canoeing and
boat cruising along the shore. During the winter there are cross country ski
tours to villages, ice skating and "ice fishing"! Contact us for fact sheets.

FULLY ESCORTED RAIL TOURS:
Should you wish to join one of our special escorted tours we can send you
the information sheets detailing these programmes. Escorted by
Australian/Russian guide. Limited dates so be early.

HOMESTAY or HOTEL accommodation?
Homestay is suggested for several reasons;
this style of accommodation is economical, offers greater security than
other forms of budget accommodation, and most of all, puts you in direct
contact with the Russian people. You live and experience contemporary
Russian life. Many travellers are still in regular contact with their past
hosts. Russian apartments are compact by our standards and cater for 1 to 2
persons easily. For numbers larger than this, apartments in close proximity
can be used so travellers are still close to each other. We can also cater
for families, as there are some host families with larger than normal
apartments. Should you prefer hotel accommodation this can be substituted,
with a surcharge.

Holger Theobald cnsf

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
From bmc...@werple.mira.net.au Wed Feb 14 17:05:29 1996
From: Brent McCunn <bmc...@werple.mira.net.au>

Greetings,

>Thanks for you information about Russian travel. I have two questions:
>1. If I am an independent packpacker travelling in Russia, how do I find
>a homestay when I arrive in a new city like Petersbufgh, Kiev or Moscow?
>Is there some office?

No there is no central office. At railway stations there are always people
trying to sell accommodation - just like anywhere else in Europe. However,
be careful. A lot of travellers have had trouble with the homestays offered
in this way. They are far out of the centre, dirty and unsafe due to crminal
activity near by. It would be better to stay at a youth hostel or backpacker
hotel than take one of those homestays. As in any country the best homestays
charge more and sell there services through local brokers who then deal with
overseas people like us. That way families have advance warning of exactly
how many are coming and when. The families have to plan for the visits -
both bedroom space and correct buying of food. Quite often a member of the
family will move out and stay with a relative so that there is plenty of
room for the visitors. This is good money for these people and helps them
overcome the current problems with the cost of living in Russia - which is
one of the main reasons we use homestays - puts more money into the hands of
the local people rather than a multinational concern. Also this is another
reason to be careful about homestays ofered at a railway station.

The more remote you go in Russia yuo find less of the homestay situation and
accommodation changes back to hotels. Once you are away from Moscow and
St.Petersburg the cost of things are much less. Don't forget Moscow is rated
as one of the most expensive cities in Europe for a traveller. A bed in a
very basic dormitory with no food included is US$15/night. Compare this with
our homestays at US$21/night including breakfast and evening meal!

>2. Is it easy to get a Russian visa for Samarkand, Ural and other places
>without presenting a travel plan in advance? Packpackers often don't have
>an exact plan of their travel when they start.

First you must realise that you are talking about different countries and
each country demands ther own visa. 1. Moscow, St.Peters, Urals = RUSSIA. 2)
Kiev = UKRAINE. 3) Samarkand = UZBEKISTAN. Therefor you would need 3 visa
and quite possibly a double entry visa for Russia - due to how you would
have to travel. Each country demands an invitation from an accredited LOCAL
travel operator with an accreditation number before you can get the visa
issued. To get this invitation you must make some minimum amount of service
reservations with them.
For example we can organise a totaly flexible Russian visa that can last for
a maximum of 3 months travel (in Russia only). For this invitation we must
organise travel services to a total value US$375. In other words you could
make arrangements for St.Petersburg and Moscow to that value and then head
off into Russia for up to 3 months. If you wanted longer for your visa you
would have to have an Aids test and our people in Moscow would help you
apply to the Foreign Ministry to extend your visa. It is not necessary to
plan every night in advance to get these visae, but you must make a minimum
amount of service reservations to get the invitations. Then you can go off
and do your own thing. This is how they make some money and who can blame them.

Don't forget that travelling in this region without the Russian language is
VERY difficult - not impossible but VERY hard. It is not like travelling in
India or Asia where there is a reasonably good public transport system.

You will see our name mentioned in the Lonely Planet guides. The new Guide
to Russia, Mongolian Guide, Baltic States, Eastern Europe. Korea etc. Also
Lets Go Europe mention us. We assisted 2 of the Lonely Planet authors get
flexible visae to explore Russia ofr their writing. Also, my partner has
just completed the first ever guide book to the BAM Trans Siberian rail
route and is just finishing a commision for BRADT PUBLISHING in the UK by
writing "RUSSIA, BELARUS & UKRAINE BY RAIL" to join there extensive range of
rail travel guides. You would find this book (when finished) invaluable when
trying to get around the area.

> Holger....@cnsf.ki.se

Regards,
Brent

--
-- Holger....@cnsf.ki.se

rowen...@gmail.com

May 24, 2013, 5:57:18 AM5/24/13
This is a great program for people who want to experience life in the Chinese culture in-depth. The program has a focus on cultural exchange and host families are not only excited to learn English but also love to share the characteristics of their country, culture and cuisine.

Program Options:
Option1: International Ambassador
Volunteer 10 hours a week helping your host family with Conversational English. That's it. Many Chinese families want to learn English or get better at speaking English through conversation. They are willing to provide a private room and dinner each day.

Option 2: Vacation International Ambassador (July1st-Sep.1st or Jan.15th-Feb.15th)
Volunteer 15 hours a week helping your host family with Conversational English during vacation. You will get 1000RMB/month pocket money and 3 meals a day.

Option 3: Budget homestay
Volunteer 5 hours a week helping your host family with Conversational English. You just need to pay as low as USD 12 per day in exchange of a private room, breakfast, airport pickup, orientation and other assistances when you are in Beijing.

Option 4: Homestay only
The best way to practice your Chinese is to talk with Chinese people. This option will provide the best platform for you.Please visit :www.workbeit.org or send to"hec...@workbeit.org"if you would like to get more information about our homestay program.Hostfamily from Haidian,dongcheng,Fengtai,Daxing and shijingshan districted are the most welcomed to be host in Beijing.