[TBK] Randomizing question

Somoza, Darrel R

Jan 15, 2014, 9:55:20 AM1/15/14

I know I can test this but I was hoping for a possible quick answer (okay, I’m being lazy).

I have a practice lesson that has 72 definitions in an index card format. I set it up so that the definitions are presented randomly. If I set the lesson up to suspend on exit so that the learners progress is bookmarked will any of the completed definitions repeat? In other words does the bookmarking track what randomized definitions (questions) were completed and not duplicate them upon return?

Darrel

Peter H

Jan 15, 2014, 7:33:01 PM1/15/14
Darrel,

I really think that will depend on how the randomization was accomplished. My bet is that it won't preserve the randomization on returning to the lesson.

Peter H

Denny Dedmore

Jan 15, 2014, 7:34:40 PM1/15/14
Perhaps you can describe to us how you implemented the randomization.

- Denny

Singer, Ricky

Jan 16, 2014, 7:50:57 AM1/16/14

Darrel,

I have confirmed that this is indeed working by using the Quiz Randomization feature of Toolbook.  Each of the 72 question bank pages contains a single question.  The order in which the question pages are presented to the learner is random and upon resuming the lesson, only the remaining question pages are presented without any of the completed definitions repeating.

- Ricky

Carlo DE LUCA

Jan 16, 2014, 11:10:17 AM1/16/14
How can I fix this error: This file is a read-only file in DOS. Save under
another name.

Carlo - Italy

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to: toolbook-owner@List=
Serv.plattecanyon.com
- To unsubscribe, send a new email to: im...@ListServ.plattecanyon.com, with=
the message: unsubscribe toolbook

Clifton Sleger

Jan 16, 2014, 11:15:29 AM1/16/14
This means that your file was marked as read only when you opened it. Trying to save it throws the error message. To fix this, remove the read only attribute in the file properties for the tbk and then you should be able to save it.
Clifton Sleger
PG Software Development
Oshkosh, WI 54904 USA
920-232-5727

The JavaScript PowerPac for ToolBook extends
   the ToolBook Actions system with over 100 functions!
View the introductory assessment here:
   http://www.powerpac.pgsoftwaretools.com/intro
View the FULL USER'S GUIDE w/TUTORIALS and What's NEW in this release:
   http://www.powerpac.pgsoftwaretools.com
OR, get a 21 day trial copy here:
   http://www.pgsoftwaretools.com/index.html?navbuyPP
On 1/16/2014 10:03 AM, Carlo DE LUCA wrote:
How can I fix this error: This file is a read-only file in DOS. Save under another name.

Carlo - Italy

Clifton Sleger

Jan 16, 2014, 11:20:27 AM1/16/14
Little comment on this:

I think if a page is marked as visited, this will be flagged as such in
the suspend data. Therefore, it doesn't really matter how randomization
is done as long as your randomization method takes into account that
some quiz pages are already visited from a previous session.

On 1/15/2014 8:55 AM, Somoza, Darrel R wrote:

I know I can test this but I was hoping for a possible quick answer (okay, I’m being lazy).

I have a practice lesson that has 72 definitions in an index card format. I set it up so that the definitions are presented randomly. If I set the lesson up to suspend on exit so that the learners progress is bookmarked will any of the completed definitions repeat? In other words does the bookmarking track what randomized definitions (questions) were completed and not duplicate them upon return?

Darrel

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:  toolboo...@ListServ.plattecanyon.com

Somoza, Darrel R

Jan 16, 2014, 11:33:01 AM1/16/14
We have a 74 page book, 72 of which have one index card fill-in question per page. All 72 question pages are grouped together. Under Properties for Lesson we enabled quiz randomization and selected 72 pages to display.

It works perfectly. We've tested it quite a bit and it has kept track of what has already been completed and upon return continues on with randomizing what is left. Great feature.

Darrel

Carlo DE LUCA

Jan 16, 2014, 12:32:50 PM1/16/14
Check the read-only attribute is not there.
The alert is when the program is saved.
The script that I put to save is as follows:

get setFileAttributes(name of this book,null)
save changes to this book

Carlo - Italy

http://www.powerpac.pgsoftwaretools.com OR, get a 21 day trial copy here:
http://www.pgsoftwaretools.com/index.html?nav=yPP On 1/16/2014 10:03 AM, Carlo
DE LUCA wrote:
How can I fix this error: This file is a read-only file in DOS. Save under
another name.

Carlo - Italy

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to: toolbook-owner@List=
Serv.plattecanyon.com

Clifton Sleger

Jan 16, 2014, 12:57:25 PM1/16/14
Whatever the case, ToolBook throws these errors when it cannot write the file to the device, drive, or folder. So there may a few other issues to check. There may even be a Windows permissions issue.

-----Messaggio originale----- From: Clifton Sleger
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:13 PM
To: tool...@lists.nethelps.com

Clifton Sleger PG Software Development Oshkosh, WI 54904 USA 920-232-5727 The JavaScript PowerPac for ToolBook extends the ToolBook Actions system with over 100 functions! View the introductory assessment here: http://www.powerpac.pgsoftwaretools.com/intro View the FULL USER'S GUIDE w/TUTORIALS and What's NEW in this release: http://www.powerpac.pgsoftwaretools.com OR, get a 21 day trial copy here: http://www.pgsoftwaretools.com/index.html?navyPP On 1/16/2014 10:03 AM, Carlo DE LUCA wrote:

- To unsubscribe, send a new email to: ailto:im...@ListServ.plattecanyon.com", with
the message: unsubscribe toolbook

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to: toolboo...@ListServ.plattecanyon.com

Denny Dedmore

Daniel Walsh

Jan 16, 2014, 2:26:22 PM1/16/14
If you are in Windows 7, the file will be locked by the OS if you have a folder open and the file is selected (as last clicked with the mouse).
This condition would be true if you opened the file by double-clicking it, or pressing Return while it is selected, in a folder.
The reason this happens is that the OS tries to preview the file in the right-side panel.

Often, this is a nuisance while editing PDF files.
The solution is merely to click once on a different file in the folder. The Preview feature then 'locks' the different file and frees the file you wish to edit.
If you tried a few times (more than once) to edit the locked file, you may find that the trick will not work until you close down and restart the programs claiming access to the opened file.
Some allocations get confused - at least for legacy programs.

Best wishes,

Daniel

___________________________
Daniel Walsh
Dublin, Ireland

Jan 16, 2014, 2:59:07 PM1/16/14
Daniel,

your reflection holds.

But the user does not understand that needs to use this system, so we should
introduce a few lines of script at the beginning of the book, in order to save
it with another name and save it again with the old.

But how to set up the script?

Carlo - Italy

Carlo DE LUCA

Jan 17, 2014, 5:06:11 AM1/17/14
Hello,

can someone explain this error that appeared to me?

ToolBook has stopped working

Windows has encountered a problem that prevents proper operation of the program.
If a solution is available, it will close the program and notify you
automatically.

There are two buttons: Debug - Close the program

I closed the program and reopened. But it reappears when I do the same action.

And 'because of TB or Windows?

Carlo - Italy

Knapek Miroslav

Jan 17, 2014, 9:55:37 AM1/17/14