[TBK] List Update and Unsubscribing Instructions

Jeff Rhodes

Jan 15, 2014, 6:35:21 PM1/15/14

Hi everyone,

The ToolBook List has been moved from a ListServ to an IMail List. As part of that, all previous members of the list, whether unsubscribed or set to “no mail,” have now been set to be subscribed.

If you want to be removed from this list, please send an email from the email account registered to the list. Send it to:

im...@listserv.plattecanyon.com

The subject doesn’t matter, but put this in the body of the email:

unsubscribe toolbook

If you have any trouble doing this, you can email me directly (jrh...@plattecanyon.com) and I will remove you from the list.

If you want to subscribe to the list, use the same address:

im...@listserv.plattecanyon.com

Again the subject doesn’t matter. The body is:

subscribe toolbook firstName lastName

If you want to anonymous, then put that in for firstName and lastName.

Here is the manual for all the commands for those interested: http://webhelps.com/imail-manual-subscriber.shtml

There are a ton of bad email addresses that got brought over as well. We are working through them. The archives will be moved over eventually from the hosting company, but it could be weeks or even months.

Thanks for your patience,

Jeff Rhodes

Platte Canyon Multimedia Software Corporation

Peter H

Jan 15, 2014, 7:29:39 PM1/15/14
Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to say thanks and I am glad you are taking the trouble to make this transfer and continuing to support the needs of our community.

Peter Hoyt

Jeff Rhodes

Jan 15, 2014, 10:18:09 PM1/15/14

Thanks Peter. This has been a great community over the years and we want to keep it going. The new platform will be stronger and I now get notification of every bounced email and thus will be able to keep the subscriber list up to date.

That said, anyone who is getting emails from an old or forwarded email account will not be able unsubscribe in the normal way. If you don’t want to be on this list, please email me at jrh...@plattecanyon.com and I will work with you to find the offending email account and will get you removed. A number of users have already done that.

Thanks again,

Jeff Rhodes

John R. Hall

Jan 15, 2014, 11:40:16 PM1/15/14