i need help

Sara Venkus

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

Hi all,

Not really a nursing question, but related in a way...

My boyfriend of almost 4 years and I just broke up yesterday in a mutual
decision. We plan to stay in contact and somehow build a new relationship
and re-learn how to be friends. (Please, nobody tell me that's not
possible!! I have to have something to believe in right now.)

I will be back in clinicals (my 2nd) in 1 1/2 weeks. My question is, how do
I handle it without my support system? He has been with me from day 1 when I
returned to school, and I don't know how to do this without him. I guess
I'll learn eventually, but I need to know if anyone has suggestions on how to
get through the first couple of weeks until I can do it on autopilot.

Have you ever broken off a relationship where you both still love each other,
but had to end it because you made each other miserable? Can someone please
help me out? I don't know who else to ask. Thanks for any assistance you
can offer. E-mail me if you can.

~Sara <SVe...@aol.com>
~junior at University of Illinois at Chicago

Sally Gurr

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

I can't help much with the boyfriend advice (not attached at present) but we
had a useful tutorial on relaxation methods used at the chronic pain unit - one
of my fellow students has been using them at home to reduce stress levels,
mainly insomnia after PM shift.

I'll hunt out the articles and notes to see what I can find. Fiona swears by
it.

Sally

Kathy Hoalt (munchkin)

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

Sara
I know this may sound stupid right now, but the best support system you
can build is yourself. I have had a lot of friendships that went bad
and I felt so empty inside for a while. I became a stronger person when
I finially learned to look inside at the person I am and all the things
I have accomplished. Hang in there, you will feel like a part of you
has been cut off, but it will get better. Take a little time to get to
know yourself again.
munchkin

SN>My question is, how do I handle it without my support system? He has been
with me from day 1 when returned to school, and I don't know how to do this

without him. I guess
I'll learn eventually, but I need to know if anyone has suggestions on
how t

get through the first couple of weeks until I can do it on autopilot.

SN>~Sara <SVe...@aol.com>
SN>~junior at University of Illinois at Chicag
The Omega Line BBS
http://omegabbs.com

J.P. Alarie

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

My advice to you is to look to your friends if you need the support.
It's easy to become dependant on one person for support but in doing so
you often tend to overlook the web of support your friends can build for
you. Be especially careful of not falling into the trap of trying to
find someone else to fill that void, or else you can become a serial
monogamist like myself...

J-P

"We got beets!" -Lisa Simpson

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Sara Venkus wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Not really a nursing question, but related in a way...
>
> My boyfriend of almost 4 years and I just broke up yesterday in a mutual
> decision. We plan to stay in contact and somehow build a new relationship
> and re-learn how to be friends. (Please, nobody tell me that's not
> possible!! I have to have something to believe in right now.)
>

> I will be back in clinicals (my 2nd) in 1 1/2 weeks. My question is, how do
> I handle it without my support system? He has been with me from day 1 when I

> returned to school, and I don't know how to do this without him. I guess

> I'll learn eventually, but I need to know if anyone has suggestions on how to

> get through the first couple of weeks until I can do it on autopilot.
>

> Have you ever broken off a relationship where you both still love each other,
> but had to end it because you made each other miserable? Can someone please
> help me out? I don't know who else to ask. Thanks for any assistance you
> can offer. E-mail me if you can.
>
> ~Sara <SVe...@aol.com>

> ~junior at University of Illinois at Chicago

Sally Gurr

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

I think I can tell when I am getting tired. When you read on the computer
screen - From J.P. at the end of a message.

"We got beets!" -Lisa Simpson

and interpret it as:

"We got breasts" -Lisa Simpson

Sally

Patti Waddell

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

I wondered beets????????
Patti

J.P. Alarie

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

On Sat, 17 Aug 1996, Patti Waddell wrote:

> I wondered beets????????
> Patti

Hey, she likes beets! I don't write the show, I just watch it.....
fanatically.... faithfully.... every day.... three times a day... they've
started putting episodes on at 1 am... I don't even SLEEP ANYMORE!

Oops, did I say that out loud?

J-P

"Sometimes my security cameras and ceiling mirrors reveal more than who
is about to shoot me." -Apu

Your Man

Jul 29, 2014, 12:25:09 AM7/29/14
On Wednesday, August 14, 1996 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sara Venkus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Not really a nursing question, but related in a way...
>
> My boyfriend of almost 4 years and I just broke up yesterday in a mutual
> decision. We plan to stay in contact and somehow build a new relationship
> and re-learn how to be friends. (Please, nobody tell me that's not
> possible!! I have to have something to believe in right now.)
>
> I will be back in clinicals (my 2nd) in 1 1/2 weeks. My question is, how do
> I handle it without my support system? He has been with me from day 1 when I
> returned to school, and I don't know how to do this without him. I guess
> I'll learn eventually, but I need to know if anyone has suggestions on how to
> get through the first couple of weeks until I can do it on autopilot.
>
> Have you ever broken off a relationship where you both still love each other,
> but had to end it because you made each other miserable? Can someone please
> help me out? I don't know who else to ask. Thanks for any assistance you
> can offer. E-mail me if you can.
>
> ~Sara <SVe...@aol.com>
> ~junior at University of Illinois at Chicago

I suggest you -NOT- make the mistake of getting back together with him and marrying him... Focus on being healthy and your career, avoid all of the other "distractions", and be patient. Your future will arrive sometime in 2003. He's cute, friendly, funny, and loves you more than you'll ever imagine.

Also, you are a dork. But I still love you.

L Pal

Nov 2, 2014, 2:57:27 PM11/2/14
On Wednesday, August 14, 1996 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Sara Venkus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Not really a nursing question, but related in a way...
>
> My boyfriend of almost 4 years and I just broke up yesterday in a mutual
> decision. We plan to stay in contact and somehow build a new relationship
> and re-learn how to be friends. (Please, nobody tell me that's not
> possible!! I have to have something to believe in right now.)
>
> I will be back in clinicals (my 2nd) in 1 1/2 weeks. My question is, how do
> I handle it without my support system? He has been with me from day 1 when I
> returned to school, and I don't know how to do this without him. I guess
> I'll learn eventually, but I need to know if anyone has suggestions on how to
> get through the first couple of weeks until I can do it on autopilot.
>
> Have you ever broken off a relationship where you both still love each other,
> but had to end it because you made each other miserable? Can someone please
> help me out? I don't know who else to ask. Thanks for any assistance you
> can offer. E-mail me if you can.
>
> ~Sara <SVe...@aol.com>
> ~junior at University of Illinois at Chicago

breakups are hard- its about how bad you want to better yourself, then you can focus on other things