Newbie #2 - introduction

K. Blessin

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Greetings

Thought I would join the bandwagon and introduce myself. I originally hail
from Vancouver BC and Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but now am a citizen of the
world (currently in London making the pound!)

I started diving in November after spending a month in Egypt (most of that
in Dahab). The diving in the Red Sea is absolutely incredible (from my
humble, limited opinion - the Canyon and Bell's Blue Hole have to be seen to
be believed). After that I dived Hawaii in December, but have to admit I
was a bit disappointed...I think I was spoiled after Dahab.

I've been trying to fight how much I love the sport simply because it's so
expensive...however, in the last few weeks I have given in to the urge and
have decided to put off that whole journalism career thing and try and
become a divemaster by 2001. Plans now are to head down to Sharm El Shiekh
and work while diving.

Sorry for being so long. I'm looking forward to learning from you all, I
know I have a lot to learn! I'll soak it in like a sponge. If any women
divers on the list want to correspond with me re getting good-fitting wet
suits etc, please email!

Kat.
Katc...@hotmail.com

Kuty

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
At 08:32 04/05/99 GMT, Kat. wrote:
>Greetings

Welcome to the list.

>I started diving in November after spending a month in
>Egypt (most of that in Dahab). The diving in the Red Sea
>is absolutely incredible

Oh dear. You are doomed. Starting in Dahab (Red Sea) will make everything
else look pale, as you have noticed:

>(from my humble, limited opinion - the Canyon and Bell's
>Blue Hole have to be seen to be believed). After that I
>dived Hawaii in December, but have to admit I was a bit
>disappointed...I think I was spoiled after Dahab.

You'll have to go back there :-)

With best regards,

Kuty

Reef Fish (Large Nassau Grouper)

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
At 08:32 AM 5/4/99 GMT, Kat wrote:
>Greetings
>
>Thought I would join the bandwagon and introduce myself. I originally hail
>from Vancouver BC and Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but now am a citizen of the
>world (currently in London making the pound!)

Hey, it looks like a Coming Out Party and Welcome Wagon week!

Your EMAIL address: katc...@HOTMAIL.COM

was a catcher of the Feeesheye. Then da Feesh summoned his pal
(actually himself) Pink Panther's Inspector Clouseau to uncover
(control yourself, Ray! <G>) the Flower Child, music groupie
of 1996:

Scottland**********************kble...@acs.ryerson.ca******

Blessin***************************************************************
> @Ryerson Polytechnic U "And I shivered, only to replace you with
> Toronto, Ontario something sweeter, warmer and darker still."
>****Canada********************************************kble...@acs.ryerson.
ca*

You're at the right place, Kat!

Writer, journalist, reporter, music-Lover, poet, bitch, feminist,
sister Daughter, politics junkie....friend.

We have ALL of them here, and MORE. YOu'll recognize who they are
if you hang around long enough. :-)

>know I have a lot to learn! I'll soak it in like a sponge.

When Strike's back, there'll be plenty of STUFF for your sponge
to soak. :-)

>If any women divers on the list want to correspond with me re
>getting good-fitting wet suits etc, please email!

Wot r U? An anti-masculinist too? The MEN on this list know
much about good-fitting wet suits too (ole Crusty Russ for one <G>)
and I'm sure Ray will custom fit you if you show your curves! <BG>.

>Kat.
>Katc...@hotmail.com

-- Bob. NED Inspector Clouseau.

K. Blessin

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and the
like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects women
might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss female
things with me. I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps with
guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...And finding a good
wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...you should try it sometime. Having
breasts is a bitch! ;)

kat

> >If any women divers on the list want to correspond with me re
> >getting good-fitting wet suits etc, please email!
>
>Wot r U? An anti-masculinist too? The MEN on this list know
>much about good-fitting wet suits too (ole Crusty Russ for one <G>)
>and I'm sure Ray will custom fit you if you show your curves! <BG>.
>
> >Kat.
> >Katc...@hotmail.com
>
>-- Bob. NED Inspector Clouseau.

Reef Fish (Large Nassau Grouper)

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
At 01:32 PM 5/4/99 GMT, Kat wrote:
>Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and the
>like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects women
>might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss female
>things with me.

You should call your self Kiddy Kat (rhymes better) as in Krazy Kiwi. :-)

Okay, Kat. Here's a first item for your sponge to soak up. When in
doubt, DON'T take anything da Feesh say as seriously as seemed to
have done above.

>I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps with
>guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...

Now that you mentioned it, that's not one of the subjects that I
qualify to be an "expert witness". Nevertheless, that topic is
certainly not taboo. It pops and drips in rec.scuba as all
other scuba-related or scuba-unrelated topics pops and drips there.

>And finding a good
>wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...

Wait till Crusty tell you about HIS curves. <G> I have MINE too.
He calls it his tea-kettle. I call mine the spare-tar. Both Crusty
and I have weemin folks whom we PAY to buy to fit thar curves too,
ya know?

>you should try it sometime. Having
>breasts is a bitch! ;)
>
>kat

Having breasts? Don't we ALL? ;-) As for "is a bitch", it
depends on who, how big, and from whose point of view. <BBG>
BBG is a Beeg Beeeg Grin, lest it be misconstrued as a Big Breast
Grin.

-- Bob. NED Humo(u)r Certification Inspector.

Jan Faust

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Kat wrote:

>Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and the
>like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects women
>might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss female

>things with me. I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps with
>guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...And finding a good
>wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...you should try it sometime. Having

>breasts is a bitch! ;)
>
>kat

Proceed Woman :-) (Long for Go Girl !) Stay with us.

;-) Me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The sea breathes life into me,
it is from whence I came." -Jan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.searover.com/jan

Johnson, Walt

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Kat wrote:

>Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and
the
>like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects
women
>might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss
female
>things with me. I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps
with
>guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...And finding
a good
>wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...you should try it
sometime. Having
>breasts is a bitch! ;)

I'm not to sure about Bob but It's hard for me to find a good wet
suit to fit my "curves". The hardest one to fit is the big curve just above
my beltline.:-))

Walt

Lisa Attruia

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

> >Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and the
> >like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects women
> >might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss female
> >things with me. I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps with
> >guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...And finding a good
> >wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...you should try it sometime. Having
> >breasts is a bitch! ;)
> >
> >kat
>
> Proceed Woman :-) (Long for Go Girl !) Stay with us.

Thant's right!!! You tell him girl!!!
BTW, aren't Tampax the best thing for women divers!!!! :) <BWG>

Lisa

Reef Fish (Large Nassau Grouper)

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
At 09:35 AM 5/4/99 -0700, Lisa the Toolmanette wrote:

>BTW, aren't Tampax the best thing for women divers!!!! :) <BWG>
>
>Lisa

Close, but no cigar ... if you ask Clinton. ;-)

DPTFT,

-- Bob.

P.S. Tell your Toolman to tool your Scuba-L feed. It's a bit too slow.

Bob Dayle

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
"Thant's right!!! You tell him girl!!!
BTW, aren't Tampax the best thing for women divers!!!!
:) <BWG>

Lisa"
_______________

Gosh! Who'd thunk e'd find THIS line of info here, but...

Actually, the big "T" isn't the best 'thing' for women
divers.

Back in the '70s (here I go show how long I've been at this,
again!), there was a product out made (almost) specifically
for women spent time in the wide open ocean. I haven't made
it my mission in life to track such things, but I think
within the past few years a similar item was available.

The first one was called 'Tassaway,' but I can't recall what
the more recent item is called. It's amazing what one can
see on the shelves of some stores while looking for the big
"T" that your wife asked you to pick up on the way home.
But, that's O.K. I get even with her by having her pick up a
BIG... Oh, well, I guess that'd be sending the discussion in
the wrong direction for SCUBA "diving" so I'll leave it at
that alone here.

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)

Al Marvelli

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Hi Kate!!

btw have you checked out www.divegirl.com???
Its a really cool new site, based in the uk, and tailor made for the ladies.

enjoy!

Al Marvelli

ps no i do not get a kickback from dive girl.com

K. Blessin wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Thought I would join the bandwagon and introduce myself. I originally hail
> from Vancouver BC and Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but now am a citizen of the
> world (currently in London making the pound!)
>

> I started diving in November after spending a month in Egypt (most of that

> in Dahab). The diving in the Red Sea is absolutely incredible (from my

> humble, limited opinion - the Canyon and Bell's Blue Hole have to be seen to
> be believed). After that I dived Hawaii in December, but have to admit I
> was a bit disappointed...I think I was spoiled after Dahab.
>

> I've been trying to fight how much I love the sport simply because it's so
> expensive...however, in the last few weeks I have given in to the urge and
> have decided to put off that whole journalism career thing and try and
> become a divemaster by 2001. Plans now are to head down to Sharm El Shiekh
> and work while diving.
>
> Sorry for being so long. I'm looking forward to learning from you all, I

> know I have a lot to learn! I'll soak it in like a sponge. If any women

> divers on the list want to correspond with me re getting good-fitting wet
> suits etc, please email!
>

> Kat.
> Katc...@hotmail.com

David Strike

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
At 08:32 AM 4/05/99 GMT, Kat Blessin wrote:
(snip)

>I've been trying to fight how much I love the sport simply because it's so
>expensive...however, in the last few weeks I have given in to the urge and
>have decided to put off that whole journalism career thing and try and
>become a divemaster by 2001.

"journalism" is a dirty word! I tell people who ask, that I play piano in a
brothel! It has better social standing! :-)

Strike

Luann Lee

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
welcome, Kat -

I'm kinda new here too - the welcomes are great!

I just finished both SSI divecon and NAUI divemaster (long unimportant
story) - and I say - go, girl! And maybe you can answer a question I'v had
for a while. When our dive club meets, we usually have a cookout and general
meeting, then the women clean up and I think - hmmmm, dishes or diving???
and the men and I go get wet. Why don't the women dive? I ask them, and
they just shrug. Many are certified, some are just www, I think.

Any ideas?

And I wouldn't know about the big breast thing . . . . . .

welcome - you'll enjoy it here!

Luann

>K. Blessin wrote:
>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Thought I would join the bandwagon and introduce myself. I originally hail
>> from Vancouver BC and Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but now am a citizen of the
>> world (currently in London making the pound!)
>>
>> I started diving in November after spending a month in Egypt (most of that
>> in Dahab). The diving in the Red Sea is absolutely incredible (from my
>> humble, limited opinion - the Canyon and Bell's Blue Hole have to be seen to
>> be believed). After that I dived Hawaii in December, but have to admit I
>> was a bit disappointed...I think I was spoiled after Dahab.
>>

>> I've been trying to fight how much I love the sport simply because it's so
>> expensive...however, in the last few weeks I have given in to the urge and
>> have decided to put off that whole journalism career thing and try and

Roger Foutz

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
At 09:08 AM 5/4/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Kat wrote:
>
> >Well Bob, didn't mean that the men wouldn't know about wetsuits and
>the
> >like...I was actually using that statement to get to other subjects
>women
> >might want to discuss, however you're more than welcome to discuss
>female
> >things with me. I don't mind discussing diving & menstrual cramps
>with
> >guys, but I thought I would save the list the bother...And finding
>a good
> >wetsuit with the curves IS a bit tough...you should try it
>sometime. Having
> >breasts is a bitch! ;)
>
> I'm not to sure about Bob but It's hard for me to find a good wet
>suit to fit my "curves". The hardest one to fit is the big curve just above
>my beltline.:-))
>
> Walt

Any woman that say's a man doesn't know what it's like to wear a support
garments has never seen me zip up my wetsuit :-P.
Roger

http://www.myplanet.net/rfoutz/

Jan Faust

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Luann wrote:

>And I wouldn't know about the big breast thing . . . . . .

What you do is just stuff 'um in any old wetsuit. It's not that bad :-) I
know I have never worn a woman's.

Simon L Hartley

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
At 00:03 5/05/1999 -0500, Roger Foutz <rfo...@BIGPLANET.COM> wrote:
> Any woman that say's a man doesn't know what it's like to wear a support
>garments has never seen me zip up my wetsuit :-P.

Off course men know about ill fitting attire in sensitive places. I'm just
starting to aclimatise to wearing a jacket (or more pointedly the
accompanying crotch strap) after the relative freedom <GRIN> of a thin one
piece shorty. Give me a large pair of breasts anyday :-)

...please :-) :-) :-)

Simon

Simon L Hartley
RSM Unit Web Administrator\First Year Course Coordinator
Associate Lecturer
School of Resource Science and Management
Southern Cross University
P.O. Box 157
Lismore NSW, Australia 2480
Ph: (02) 66203251 or (61 66) 203 251
Fax:(02) 66212669
E-mail: shar...@scu.edu.au

http://www.scu.edu.au/staff_pages/shartley/index.html

Ray Jones

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
In a message dated 5/4/99 7:22:12 AM Central Daylight Time, rf...@CLEMSON.EDU
writes:

> was a catcher of the Feeesheye. Then da Feesh summoned his pal
> (actually himself) Pink Panther's Inspector Clouseau to uncover
> (control yourself, Ray! <G>) the Flower Child, music groupie
> of 1996:

Bob, How'd ya know I grew up in the flower child age?? <G>

The MEN on this list know
> much about good-fitting wet suits too (ole Crusty Russ for one <G>)
> and I'm sure Ray will custom fit you if you show your curves! <BG>.

> Got my tape measure out so I can make sure it conforms to the convex form.
<BWG>

Ray

Ray Jones

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
shar...@SCU.EDU.AU writes:

> Give me a large pair of breasts anyday :-)

IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO SEE A PAIR OF THESE ON BOARD. JUST ADDS TO THE WONDERS
OF NATURE DOESN'T IT <BWG>

Huntzinger, Hugh A [AMSTA-AR-CCL-B]

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Welcome, Kat.

As you can see, there's a wee bit of irreverant humo(u)r that goes
on on this list...hopefully, it will have some scuba content too.

You wrote:

> [I'm]...now am a citizen of the world (currently in London making the
pound!)

I think there's a few listmembers from your neck of the woods; maybe
Cosma can offer a few local diving spots...and maybe a couple of
dive sites in addition to those pubs, too <grin>. FWIW, I'll be visiting
your neck of the woods in early July, when a chunk of this list will
all be having a big dive party trip to Cozumel, if you can't make that
event and want to show a visitor a good pub or two :-).

> ... in the last few weeks I have given in to the urge and have decided

> to put off that whole journalism career thing and try and become a
> divemaster by 2001. Plans now are to head down to Sharm El Shiekh
> and work while diving.

DM, eh? How good is your coffeemaking? (beat ya to it, Jammer :-).

FWIW, I think I have an address laying around somewhere of a
UK Instructor that I met last year who's done just that and he might
be able to offer some advice...my recollections are that he only did
it seasonally. Also, in some dive destinations, a DM certification
may not be enough to justify hiring a non-local. I don't know about
the Red Sea, but this is especially true in the Caymans, for example,
so its probably worth looking into.

-hh