help on a Kubrick course?

1 view

Dana Polan

Oct 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/23/98
This is being crosslisted to H-film and to Screen-L.

For a Kubrick course I am doing next term I wanted to ask the following:

1. does anyone by any chance have a compendium tape of Kubrick allusions
on *The Simpsons*?

2. does anyone by any chance have 2 of Kubrick's early documentaries--*The
Flying Padre* and *Day of the Fight*?

3. does anyone by any chance have trailers for any of the Kubrick films?

Of course, I would pay for all costs related to duping and sending tapes of
this material.

Thank you!!!

--Dana Polan

----
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite

Sharon Knolle

Oct 25, 1998, 2:00:00 AM10/25/98
>1. does anyone by any chance have a compendium tape of Kubrick allusions
>on *The Simpsons*?

I don't have these on tape, but if you need examples: Simpsons alludes to
2001 (with Homer as ape who takes a nap against the mysterious pillar),
Clockwork Orange (one of Bart's Halloween costumes is as an Alex-like
Droog), and of course, the whole Halloween Shining episode ("No TV and no
beer make Homer go crazy.") Can't be more specific on episode titles,
sorry.

Sharon Knolle
skn...@sprintmail.com
http://www.projectionmag.com/

----
University of Alabama.

gil woodley

Oct 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/27/98
I don't have the tape but there is the episode of homer as astronaut which
enacts the blue danube sequence from 2001 beautifully. foxtel here in
australia runs 8 hours of simpsons (as it must over there) every week so
it's sure to turn up eventually. Unfortunately, I can't remember thename of
the episode - there is a simpsons book out which does give detailed run
synopses of each episode, however.

Best of luck

Gil

At 12:01 23/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>This is being crosslisted to H-film and to Screen-L.
>
>For a Kubrick course I am doing next term I wanted to ask the following:
>

>1. does anyone by any chance have a compendium tape of Kubrick allusions
>on *The Simpsons*?
>

>2. does anyone by any chance have 2 of Kubrick's early documentaries--*The
>Flying Padre* and *Day of the Fight*?
>
>3. does anyone by any chance have trailers for any of the Kubrick films?
>
>Of course, I would pay for all costs related to duping and sending tapes of
>this material.
>
>Thank you!!!
>
>--Dana Polan
>
>----
>Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
>http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite

Gil Woodley
Department of English
University of Qld

3365 1414

"The trick is to get comfortable with productive paradox"
Brian Massumi

----
To sign off SCREEN-L, e-mail LIST...@UA1VM.UA.EDU and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
in the message. Problems? Contact jbu...@UA1VM.ua.edu