John Sayles

Ellen Strain

Nov 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/18/98
A question from a friend not subscribed to Screen-L:

____________
I once saw this little analysis that John Sayles did on one of his scenes
in "City of Hope". I think I saw it on PBS, and it was part of a longer
show that I think discussed several contemporary filmmakers.

So, my question: where was that? Can I get it somewhere?

I wanna know b/c I think it might help my students get over the "The
director didn't mean that!" syndrome.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Ellen Strain

Ellen Strain, Assistant Professor
School of Literature, Communication & Culture
Georgia Institute of Technology

email: ellen....@lcc.gatech.edu
phone: (404) 894-8923
location: Skiles Building 301