Mercury32 - how can I send / recv separately?

1 view

Alfredo

Mar 25, 2007, 9:42:55 PM3/25/07
Can I shut down the the "receive" or the "send" part independently of
each other?

I would like to intercept incoming emails from the receive queue fodler,
do some grep on them, and then place them in the sender's queue without
the sender grabbing them up first. I hope I can do this because (in my
ideal world) the two queues use two separate directories.

Yes, I have heard that you can write plug-ins for M32, but I already
have a big complicated program that does the text replacements.

Second request, I also want to clear a queue before I start receiving on
that server, so I do want to shut them down independently, to put it in
"send only" mode until the queue clears, if I can. I know I could block
the port but that would cause me other problems.

So - two separate daemons? Two separate queue directories?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Mar 26, 2007, 1:28:56 PM3/26/07
alfredo@KILL_SPAM_megapath.net (Alfredo) wrote in news:4607215f.167880734
@news.megapath.net:

> Can I shut down the the "receive" or the "send" part independently of
> each other?

If all you want to do is stop the reception or sending of messages, just
Pause the respective module through the Mercury/32 interface. Check the
Pause box on the module's console window.

> I would like to intercept incoming emails from the receive queue
fodler,
> do some grep on them, and then place them in the sender's queue without
> the sender grabbing them up first. I hope I can do this because (in my
> ideal world) the two queues use two separate directories.

The queues use a common directory.

> Yes, I have heard that you can write plug-ins for M32, but I already
> have a big complicated program that does the text replacements.

Try and work it out as a policy. Have Mercury/32 trigger the program
using the policy interface. Or try and wrap your program inside a daemon.
I have no personal experience programming a daemon, but you should be
able to program one that just acts as an interface between Mercury/32 and
your program.

> Second request, I also want to clear a queue before I start receiving
on
> that server, so I do want to shut them down independently, to put it in
> "send only" mode until the queue clears, if I can. I know I could block
> the port but that would cause me other problems.

If you want to stop receiving messages, then Pause MercuryS. This will
cause it to issue a temporary failure to all incoming connections:

421 Service temporarily unavailable - please try again later.

--
Rob Croson (rob...@arcm.com)
Member of the Pegasus Mail and Mercury/32 Beta Test Teams