Ideas requested for A-Level projects.

Michael Mason

Jun 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/6/95
Ideas requested for A-Level Physics Coursework.

Hi, my name is Michael Mason, and I'm doing A-Levels at college in the UK.
I have a problem in that I can't think up any decent ideas for my Physics coursework. If you
can donate ideas, read on...

(A-Levels are pre University qualifications, and I'm 17).

NB: Don't get me wrong - I'm not asking people to do the work for me, I just want to borrow a
few ideas.

What I have to do:

Research and Analysis Project:
==============================
This is about the skills of "finding, analysing and presenting information". I need to write
about an issue or problem related to:
Electronics, Energy and Entropy, or Energy Sources.
I understand the link can be fairly tenuous.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Some example titles (from my teacher) include:

* The Speed at which devices operate.
* How can random or chaotic events result in quite accurate predictability?
* What is temperature? How has the concept of temperature changed over the
past 200 years?

I need to bear in mind that I have to be able to get some data on which to base my analysis
and conclusions.

Practical Investigation:
========================
I have to choose a topic that gives me "opportunities to apply your knowledge and
understanding of physics at all stages of the Investigation".
It needs to be a "sensible topic", and there needs to be "point in pursuing it".

In the past practical projects have been wideranging, including building a superconductor.

The major problems that I'm going to have with the practical are:

* Budget - this isn't degree research, I'll probably be covering well trodden ground so the
budget might stretch to £100, ($150).
* Time. The project can only last around 2 months, with maybe around 5 hours
a week working time.

Once again, I'd like to say that I'm not asking to have anything done for me, I just want some
ideas!

Any replies are much appreciated, and the best (most reliable) way to contact me is to use
my email address: eski...@mistral.co.uk

Thanks.

Guntbert Reiter

Jun 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/6/95
Michael Mason wrote:

>Ideas requested for A-Level Physics Coursework.

>Any replies are much appreciated, and the best (most reliable) way to contact me is to use
>my email address: eski...@mistral.co.uk

I suggest: any ideas are of common interest, so please post them
here

Bye,bye
Guntbert