RPrinter using Win98 & NW 3.12 -Reply

1 view

Joe Acquisto

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Rprinter (and Nprinter for that matter) is a DOS program.

The network software is being loaded after autoexec runs, so there is no chance
for it to work.

Try NPrinter for win 95 (NPTWIN95), which works with client32. It's on the
novell page, and should be included with the client software. There are TID's
on how to get this loaded at bootup time, without user intervention or login.

joea/

<<< Dave <ha...@LEADING.NET> 5/ 6 11:26a >>>

Hello All,

Anyone have a solution? I'm currently running NW3.12 on one server, and
upgrading workstations around the building from Windows 3.1 to Windows 98. I
have a few workstations that have remote printers attached and after I upgrade
the OS to Win98, the remote printing function stops working. I double checked
and made sure the autoexec.bat remote printer call statement was intact and that
the rprinter.* files still resided in the nwclient directory on the workstation.
This doesn't seem to matter. Anyone have an answer to this?

thanks, David C. Hawk