BorderManager 2.1 to 3.0 upgrade - viewing logs - solved

Jerry Shenk

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
I just upgraded a server from BorderManager 2.1 to 3.0 and at the same time
installed a new BorderManager 3.0 server with VPN. If I go into Nwadmn95,
server, tools, Novell BorderManager, I can load it just fine on the new
server but on the old (upgrade) one, I get an error saying that this snap-in
can't administer anything other than BorderManager 3.0 servers. Everything
else works....http proxy works, the snap-in page reflects the BM3
updates...just this one place where we'd go to view the logs doesn't work.
Anybody have any ideas?

I had this almost done when Novell answered.....there's a hidden file
sys:system\nwcsuall.lcn on the server that was upgraded from BorderManager
2.1. I renamed that file and everything's fine now. It seems like
TID#2947661 would be a great place to include that.

---Jerry Shenk, Master CNE -
D&E Computer Networking Services, formerly Com Tech Technical Services
(717) 569-5800, http://www.dect.com/jas
Snail Mail: 248 Granite Run Drive * Lancaster, PA 17601
Internet E-mail: j...@dect.com
Office Fax: (717) 560-1682
Personal Fax via www.efax.com: (603) 250-1453

Rich Molettiere

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
Thanks! This has been driving me nuts as well!

Rich Molettiere
"Technology is not a free lunch"
Omaha North High School
Omaha, NE

Rich Molettiere

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Such a simple thing but it works! Thanks!

<snip>

I just upgraded a server from BorderManager 2.1 to 3.0 and at the same time
installed a new BorderManager 3.0 server with VPN. If I go into Nwadmn95,
server, tools, Novell BorderManager, I can load it just fine on the new
server but on the old (upgrade) one, I get an error saying that this snap-in
can't administer anything other than BorderManager 3.0 servers. Everything
else works....http proxy works, the snap-in page reflects the BM3
updates...just this one place where we'd go to view the logs doesn't work.
Anybody have any ideas?

I had this almost done when Novell answered.....there's a hidden file
sys:system\nwcsuall.lcn on the server that was upgraded from BorderManager
2.1. I renamed that file and everything's fine now. It seems like
TID#2947661 would be a great place to include that.

</snip>

Rich Molettiere
Technology Coordinator

Jerry Shenk

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Well, now you can save your incident!!....I'm trying to get credited for
mine too.

===== Original Message from Rich Molettiere <NOV...@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU (Novell
LAN Interest Group)> at 5/06/99 10:04 pm