Mcafee 4.02 causing abends -Reply

1 view

Joe Acquisto

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Sophos.

Joe Acquisto, LAN Admin.
Computer Services, HAB 50
SUNY at New Paltz

914-257-3134 Voice
914-257-6900 FAX

>>> John Arnado <surfe...@ZAPHODB.ORG> 05/07/99 12:33pm >>>
Bryan, you are not alone buddy. As soon as I loaded Netshield
4.02 on my Netware 4.11 server I started receiving errors. The No
ECB Available Count started increasing and so did my Dirty Cache
Buffers. Immediately when I unloaded Netshld.nlm the ECB count
did not change. I then, rebooted the server without Netshield and
the ECB count remains at 0. I'm am afraid to load Netshield
again, but I'm also frightened by not having virus protection on
the server. Presently, I am scanning the server from the client
side.

It's frustrating...

--
John Arnado, Network Engineer-CNE