How to send a PS init file to a queue (Pls help)

Bellangue, George

Dec 9, 1993, 9:51:45 AM12/9/93
Date sent: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 14:04:08 GMT-0100
Send reply to: Novell LAN Interest Group <NOVELL%SUVM....@uga.cc.uga.edu>
From: Are Seethre <Are.S...@EDB.UIB.NO>
Subject: How to send a PS init file to a queue (Pls help)
Originally to: NOV...@suvm.acs.syr.edu
To: Multiple recipients of list NOVELL <NOVELL%SUVM....@uga.cc.ug
a.edu>

***** Are asked
Honorable Group !

Does anyone in this list know how to set up a NOVELL-ONLY
queue so that there will be sent a postscript init file
to the printer for each job ??

Please cc me directly if reply is sent to the list
Are,
The way I solved that problem here is with a batch file.
1st you have to create 2 files sw2ps and sw2pcl.
sw2ps will have this line : %-12345@PJL Enter Language= Postscipt
sw2pcl will have : %-12345XPCL
And your batch file psprt.bat will have:
copy sw2ps + %1 + sw2pcl psfile.gsf
nprint psfile.gsf /Q=name_of_print queue.

This will swicth the printer to the Postscript mode and back to PCL
after the printing. I hope this will help. Just copy the files to
users machines or show them where they can find the batch file.
The syntax to use the batch file is : psprt file_name

-- George

* Bellangue George bell...@igs.cviog.uga.edu *
* Carl Vinson Institute of Gvn't bela...@gis.lislab.uga.edu *
* 201 N. Milledge Ave Phone#: 542-6202 *
* Athens Ga 30602 Fax# 542-9301 *

Are Seethre

Dec 9, 1993, 9:04:08 AM12/9/93
Honorable Group !

Does anyone in this list know how to set up a NOVELL-ONLY
queue so that there will be sent a postscript init file
to the printer for each job ??

Please cc me directly if reply is sent to the list

Are :)
*****************************
Are Jon Saethre *
IT-Avdelingen,UiB *
Mail:Are.S...@edb.uib.no *
Tlf:55 54 40 65 *
*****************************

Fons en Willem

Dec 10, 1993, 2:15:30 PM12/10/93
In article <WORKQUEUE-101.9...@igs.cviog.uga.edu>,

Bellangue, George <NOV...@SUVM.BITNET> wrote:
>>Does anyone in this list know how to set up a NOVELL-ONLY
>>queue so that there will be sent a postscript init file
>>to the printer for each job ??
>
>The way I solved that problem here is with a batch file.

- batch stuff deleted

>This will swicth the printer to the Postscript mode and back to PCL
>after the printing. I hope this will help. Just copy the files to
>users machines or show them where they can find the batch file.
>The syntax to use the batch file is : psprt file_name

There is a problem with this method: some printer will loose input when
resetting to PCL, So the print job which is in the queue after your
postscript job will not be printed properly.

there is of course a solution: use pcounter, this is a PD or shareware
program available from many novell FTP sites.

it will take jobs from one queue and send them to another queue.
After postscript jobs it can pause for some time before sending the next.
Also many other features like accounting .....

willem