Gill, Kathy

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Anyone here have source for the citation format for Internet resources (come
on, librarians, I know you can come through here!)

TIA,
Kathy

Tara Calishain

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
At 12:12 PM 4/28/99 -0700, Gill, Kathy wrote:
>Anyone here have source for the citation format for Internet resources (come
>on, librarians, I know you can come through here!)

Janice Walker's citation style:
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/cgos/idx_basic.html

Meta-Index of cite guides:
http://bailiwick.lib.uiowa.edu/journalism/cite.html

Not a librarian,

Tara

Finding you great Internet research resources--
free weekly newsletter!
http://www.researchbuzz.com

P.A. Gantt

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Hey Kath... and other trainers, instructors, teachers...

Here is mostly APA (humanities, business, scientific)
citation method...

http://www.apa.org/journals/webref.html

Always check with the department head or official
way of citing... there are other "standards" i.e.:

MLA (mostly English, Ed.)
Turabian (Grad.)
Chicago Style (Techwriting)

http://user.icx.net/~pgantt/etech/excel/online/search/citations/

Our CST department and also the HRD (training dep't) uses APA

APA Style Manuals
(Courtesy of Technology Source,
Author Guidelines Link, University of
North
Carolina,
Chapel Hill (UNC)
-- Dr. James L. Morrison, E.D.)

How to Cite Information From the Internet
and the World Wide Web, APA
(Original URL:
http://www.apa.org/journals/webref.html)

Don't forget if the page is for Academic Fair Use Purposes Only... so state it.

http://user.icx.net/~pgantt/etech/excel/online/search/citations/guidetocopyright
rules.htm

Also see:

http://osunlabs.newark.ohio-state.edu/writing-lab/apa.htm

And for other Citation Methods:

http://user.icx.net/~pgantt/etech/excel/online/search/citations/writingresources
.htm

And for Citation/Fitness:

http://user.icx.net/~pgantt/etech/excel/online/search/citations/evaluationciting
internetsources.htm

Cite me if you use any of my links <wink> ;^P

--
P.A. Gantt, Computer Science Technology Instructor
Electronic Media Design and Support

Charmagne L. Moss

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
There are many out there, but this is one of our favorites.

http://lib.uttyl.edu/citing.htm

Charmagne L. Moss
Electronic Resources Librarian
2354 Fairchild Drive, Suite 3C4
USAF Academy, CO 80840-6214
Phone 719-333-4406
Fax 719-333-2999
Email mosscl...@usafa.af.mil

This content in no way reflects the opinions, standards, or policy of
the United States Air Force Academy or the United States Government.

Anyone here have source for the citation format for Internet resources (come
on, librarians, I know you can come through here!)

Deanne Dalrymple

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Hi Kathy,
Here is helpful APA citation information from the Purdue University Online
Writing Lab
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/Files/34.html

Deanne Dalrymple

At 12:12 PM 4/28/99 -0700, Gill, Kathy wrote:

>Anyone here have source for the citation format for Internet resources (come
>on, librarians, I know you can come through here!)
>

>TIA,
>Kathy

Deanne's Web Services Deanne Dalrymple
Web site design and more! dea...@deannesweb.com
http://www.deannesweb.com

Catherine Gilles

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
MLA style guidelines are available at the site below -- 1999 copyright

http://www.mla.org/main_stl.htm#sources

--
Sister Catherine Gilles
Graduate Education & Administrative Leadership

Voice: 920-686-6377
email: cgi...@silver.sl.edu

karen hartman

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
One of my favorites is:
Online: A Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources. This is the accompanying site to a book written by
Andrew Harnack and Eugene Kleppinger. It contains examples of all the major styles (MLA, APA, CBE, and
Chicago).
http://www.smpcollege.com/online-4styles~help/citex.html

Also, the following two Web pages provide excellent guidelines on how to cite from Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe and InfoTrac fulltext databases.

For Lexis-Nexis: http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~dbeach/symp/lexis-nexis.html
For InfoTrac Searchbank: http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~dbeach/symp/infocite.html

Karen Hartman
Reference Librarian
Simpson Library
Mary Washington College
1801 College Ave.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Phone: 540-654-1740
Fax: 540-654-1067

Gerald E. Boyd

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
At 12:12 PM 4/28/99 -0700, Gill, Kathy wrote:

>Anyone here have source for the citation format for Internet resources (come
>on, librarians, I know you can come through here!)

APA Format
http://webster.commnet.edu/apa/apa_index.htm

Bibliographic Formats for Citing Electronic Information
http://www.uvm.edu/~ncrane/estyles/

The Elements of Citation
Part 1 of The Columbia Guide to Online Style by Janice R. Walker and Todd
Taylor (Columbia UP, 1998)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/cgos/idx_basic.html

A BRIEF CITATION GUIDE FOR INTERNET SOURCES IN HISTORY AND THE HUMANITIES
http://h-net2.msu.edu/~africa/citation.html

A Guide for Writing Research Papers based on Modern Language Association
(MLA) Documentation
http://webster.commnet.edu/mla.htm
--
Gerry Boyd -- gb...@netcom.com