Recommendations

Eric Sklar

Mar 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/20/97

Since we get no counseling as far as this is concerned, I would
appreciate if anyone could help ith my question: How important would a
letter of recommendation from a subinternship in the fourth year be in
the residency application process?And how much does it really help to
do an away rotation at an institution you are possibly interested in
doing a residency at? Thanks!

--
Eric Sklar, MS III
Temple University School of Medicine

Charles S. Krin, DO FAAFP

Mar 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/21/97

as far as a letter of recc. from your MSIII and MSIV preceptors- they would
help only if the authors have some name value at the program you are going
to- IE- If you did a rotation with me here in NE Louisiana, a letter from me
would help for the FP programs at EA Conway in Monroe, and LSU Med Cntr in
Shreveport... but not much else, as that is were most of my name recognition
is...Obviously, if you have done a rotation at that facility, and done well,
you will have some recognition at that facility, and it should not
hurt.....If you have stuck your foot in your mouth....(remembering an off
handed comment to one of my ED preceptors at Cuyahoga Falls General
Hospital... on golf... later to find out that he was one of the highest
ranked amatures in the area, and on the Residency Committee....)

good luck

ck
Charles S. Krin, DO FAAFP
Kri...@AOL.com KC5EVN