Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

(no subject given)

2 wyświetlenia

LIBREF-L Moderators

nieprzeczytany,
23 lut 1999, 03:00:0023.02.1999
do
Deb,
We occasionally train an Elderhostel group to use the World Wide Web. I hope
our experiences are relevant. In my groups, you cannot setereotype. Some are
eager to use computers, others are hesitant - just like other age groups. The
seniors I have taught have always been more willing to ask questions of all
sorts - from repeating the past
steps to "Why does it have a CAPS LOCK key?" "Why does the screen say 'submit'
when other one said 'enter'?" Etc. I find these groups are great for reminding
teachers about all the details that are not obvious to new users. Most are very
polite and fun to work with.

Deb Ebster wrote:

> Polly,
>
> My colleague and I are presenting a poster session next month on BI for
retirees/seniors at the LOEX (Library Orientation/Exchange) Conference next
month. As a trainer for this group, would you be willing to share any pointers
for working with this group -- or any adaptations you have had to make, say, in
the lab, or in your training style?

> We've done a literature search, but there's nothing like the real thing. :)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Deb Ebster, User Education Librarian
> Rock Valley College, 3301 N. Mulford Rd.
> Rockford, IL 61114
> 815/654-4439

Marcia W. Keyser
kam...@tamuk.edu
Texas A&M University - Kingsville

LIBREF-L Moderators

nieprzeczytany,
23 lut 1999, 03:00:0023.02.1999
do
****Please reply to egbe...@slcc.edu****

Our library director has just asked the reference desk to give her an official
Reference Procedures and Policies. Um . . . we don't have one written up.
Our head ref. librarian is looking at the ALA policies, and asked me to see if
any of you have written official reference policy and procedures you'd be
willing to share.

For curiosity's sake: we are a two-year community college with about 22,000
students, a majority of which are part-time.

Thanks,

Melanie Egbert
Ref. Librarian
egbe...@slcc.edu