(no subject given)

1 view

LIBREF-L Moderators

Jan 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/25/99
What a wonderful response. Thank you.

Dan Lester wrote: Whoa, mama! Talk about tossing the baby out with the
bathwater.....I'm generally referred to as a "cynical old fart" by my adult
children and by many colleagues....but even I won't give up on an ideal just
because the implementation of it is less than perfect........--

--
Lynn Daugherty, Jasper County Public Library, 208 W. Susan, Rensselaer, IN 47978
Phone: 219-866-5881 FAX: 219-866-7378

LIBREF-L Moderators

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
--------------2E92AE0A326D9063F7D24158

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: LIBRARIAN

Shasta College Library is hiring a full-time, tenure-track librarian,
beginning in the 1999 Fall semester, approximately August 13, 1999. The
library operates under a team-based management structure and all library
faculty perform multiple roles including public service, user
instruction, and coordination of an operational area. This position
will have primary responsibility for developing an information
competency program combining new technologies with traditional
resources. This position will also have primary responsibility for the
planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of
the Library s technology activities. We are seeking candidates who are
leaders, are creative, take initiative, and work successfully in a team
environment.

Application materials must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday,
February 17, 1999.

For a full description of this position and its requirements, please
visit our website at http://library.shastacollege.edu/job.htm

Complete application information may be obtained from:
Shasta College Personnel
P.O. Box 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006
Phone: (503) 225-4656
Fax: (503) 225-4990
TDD: (530) 225-4988

--------------2E92AE0A326D9063F7D24158

begin:vcard
n:Albright;Janet
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr;dom;quoted-printable:;;11555 Old Oregon Trail=0D=0AP.O. Box
496006;Redding;CA;96049-6006;
org:Shasta College Library
version:2.1
email;internet:albr...@acsi.shasta.cc.ca.us
title:Collection Development Librarian
tel;fax:(530) 225-4830
tel;work:(530) 225-4973
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Janet Albright
end:vcard

--------------2E92AE0A326D9063F7D24158--

LIBREF-L Moderators

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
That is just like a person with no argument, who does not know how to think for
themselves.
Avoid the point entirely and criticize my grammar and logic? (Nice way to
construct an argument) Obviously you miss the point entirely. My point of the
message was that censorship; whether you admit or not, censorship is practices
everyday. (Like Mr Ball trying to censor what I wrote by insulting it) Ms.
Hunt
I commend you on your will to fight but you will be only fighting other
Librarians. Just like in this case thanks Mr. Ball! (no response necessary)