Faculty status and rank

Bhatt, Anjana

Feb 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/23/99
Hello Danielle. Here are answers to your questions
Yes, At Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) librarians are considered
academic faculty.

Yes, we have rank, but our university does not offer tenure, we have
multi-year appointment structure.

Ranking structure is Assistant Librarian, Associate Librarian, and
University Librarian.

We serve on Faculty Affairs, Faculty senate, Student Affairs Committee,
Distance Learning Committees, On all the state level University library
committees, University Mission Committee, Celebration of Excellence
committee, market equity committee. In short I can say that all the
committees at university level have to have a library representative.

Anjana
abh...@fgcu.edu