Setting up Office in Japan.

by way of j_marks@pobox.com

Aug 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/20/95
The American Chamber of Commerce in Japan has many good books on starting an
office and importing items to Japan. There # is 03 3433 5381 Tokyo. You do
not need to be a member to get these books but they are rather High$ if your
not. Regarding office space the best idea for a start up business is an
executive suite which provides all you need, sec, faxes, copiers etc. at a
fraction of the cost of an independant office. Concerning your new business
venture keep your corporation as a U.S. Corp for tax and financial resons
starting a traditional corp in Japan requires a min. investment of 100,000
dollars. then if you want a independant office location you will be required
in most cases to fork out huge sums of $ for deposits and rental advances.
Best of luck! I have been doing business there for 9 years, if you have any
other information I can provide dont hesitate to ask .

Sincerely