ISPF browse oddity when browsing data on EAV

ironmike

Dec 20, 2011, 12:41:28 PM12/20/11
to techs...@quickref.com
Anyone:

I am seeing something odd under ISPF on z/OS V1R12 that I need some
help with.

We have a RECFM=F, LRECL=6160, BLKSIZE=6160, DSORG=PS data set that is
entirely resident in the EAS on an EAV. When I browse the DS using
ISPF option 1, ISPF says there are only 600 records in the file (each
block is one record). However, the data set occupies 45,090 tracks on
a 3390 (ISPF 3.2 says so) and the DS does in fact contain 366,359
blocks, as read and counted by an IDCAMS REPRO. IBM File Manager
browses all the data (as does IDCAMS) without any problems, but ISPF
browse thinks there are only 600 blocks in the DS.

Has anyone else seen ISPF browse fail to read/access all the data in a
sequential file that is resident in the EAS on an EAV?

Thank you,

Mike Shaw
MVS/QuickRef Support Group
Chicago-Soft, Ltd.