Prevent ISPF from adding to the RETRIEVE command stack

becker@user.narkive.com Frank Becker

Sep 1, 2015, 8:06:12 AM9/1/15
Dear All,

I have an ISPF application of which I cannot / must not modify the panels but I can modify the starting REXX. The requirement is that the input of the user into the upper left field of each panel is not to be added by ISPF to the RETRIEVE command stack such that after ending the application and entering the RETRIEVE command the last command before starting the application is to be returned.

I found that I could achieve this manually by entering the RETP command, choosing options and then "Set minimum number of characters saved in retrieve stack" and setting the number of characters to 99 before starting the application and setting it back to the old value after ending the application.

I also have found that this value is stored in the ISPF profile variable ZRETMINL of application ISPS but I have so far not been able to modify this value from the starting REXX of my application.

Any help on this problem is highly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Frank
--
Frank Becker