using ISPLIBD within Dialog Test

pedroch...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2018, 1:49:15 PM4/25/18
I am trying to debug a problem with a LIBDEF, so I use dialog test to set a breakpoint. Then I execute the program and get to the breakpoint.

When I issue ISPLIBD, it shows "LIBDEF not active" throughout. Is there a way to use ISPLIBD within dialog test?

Gereldy

Apr 26, 2018, 11:25:41 AM4/26/18
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 10:49:15 AM UTC-7, pedroch...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to debug a problem with a LIBDEF, so I use dialog test to set a breakpoint. Then I execute the program and get to the breakpoint.
>
> When I issue ISPLIBD, it shows "LIBDEF not active" throughout. Is there a way to use ISPLIBD within dialog test?

The documentation describes how to use ISPLIBD within dialog test. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.f54sg00/hacertb.htm

What is the problem you are having that leads you to think it is a problem with LIBDEF?

Good luck!

pedroch...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2018, 1:49:06 PM4/26/18
My rexx is something like this:

Address ISPEXEC
"LIBDEF MYDD DATASET ID(my.pds) STACK"
If rc=0 Then
"TBSTATS mytable LIBRARY(MYDD) ",
" STATUS1(ST1) STATUS2(ST2) STATUS3(ST3)"
"LIBDEF MYDD"

The LIBDEF ends with RC=0.
TBSTATS also has RC=0, but variable ST1=3, which means:
"table input library is not allocated"

The PDS is FB80 with no members.

It is one of those cases were it works for me all of the time, but fails intermittently with ST1=3 for someone else.

pedroch...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2018, 5:58:42 PM4/26/18
@gereldy

Thanks for pointing me to use "ISPLLS at the PGM prompt and ISPPLIB at the PARM " to get ISPLIBD function.

pedroch...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2018, 6:02:08 PM4/26/18
TBSTATS also has RC=0, but the STATUS1 variable = 3, which means:
"table input library is not allocated"

What does it mean? and is that really a problem?

Gereldy

Apr 27, 2018, 5:43:44 PM4/27/18
"What does it mean?" is probably a question for IBM to answer. I'm not sure what imaginable circumstances could cause this. Have you considered opening a PMR on this? They may have traces to enable that capture diagnostics.

"Is it really a problem?" is one of those "it depends" questions. How can anyone but the code owner decide if it is a problem or not?