Get execution library?

Roland Kinsman

May 21, 2014, 10:00:09 AM5/21/14
Is there a way to determine the name of the library where you are executing from?

I have a fairly simple dialog driven by a REXX with a couple of panels, a skeleton, a message library and some tutorial panels. To make installation simple, I want the installer copy all of the members into the same library and then I use LIBDEFs to point to it. To make it even simpler, I want the REXX to determine the library where it is executing from before issuing the LIBDEF commands.

When executed out of a specific library I have no trouble, i.e. TSO EX 'MY.EXEC(REXXEXEC)' But when it is put in a library allocated to SYSPROC or SYSEXEC, I don't know how to get the specific library back. Is there a way to do that?

Here's what I'm doing today:

/*
Attempt to determine the name of the library where we are executing
*/
PARSE SOURCE . . . . FDBDCLST_lib .
IF 1 < LENGTH(FDBDCLST_LIB) THEN ...

FDBDCLST_mlib = FDBDCLST_lib
FDBDCLST_plib = FDBDCLST_lib
FDBDCLST_slib = FDBDCLST_lib

/* Now issue the LIBDEFs */
"LIBDEF ISPMLIB DATASET ID('"FDBDCLST_mlib"') STACK"
"LIBDEF ISPPLIB DATASET ID('"FDBDCLST_plib"') STACK"
"LIBDEF ISPSLIB DATASET ID('"FDBDCLST_slib"') STACK"

Thanks!