New India(n) Mailing List(s)

vair...@usa.net

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98
This is an announcement of new FREE and MODERATED mailing
list(s). If you think what I am doing is good and somebody
needs to do it, please join the list and send this mail to your
friends asking them to join. Thanks.

On Dec 2 1998, India News Network at http://www.indnet.org/
announced that it would no longer broadcast 'Looking for Digest'
and the queries can be posted only on the Web by only those who
pay the subscription. I am a member of India News Network since
1993 and I am thankful to Dr. K V Rao and his unnamed colleagues
for doing such an excellent service.

I understand that it is difficult to find time for those people
doing these services. I do understand that it is difficult to
find volunteers and that it is expensive to hire. But, there are
thousands of Indians out there who enjoy this service for many
small necessities such as finding somebody to accompany their
wife/children/parents, finding a room-mate, etc. They might
find this decision difficult.

So, instead of blaming the dark, I am going to light a candle on
my part.

I have started a new mailing list which caters only to personal
queries in the similar lines of 'Looking for digest'. To
subscribe to this send a mail to queries-...@egroups.com
(subject and body will be ignored)

I do have two more mailing lists, 'vairavan' and 'mvhumor'. In
'vairavan', we share information and in 'mvhumor' we share
decent humor. To join 'vairavan' send a mail to
vairavan-...@egroups.com and to join 'mvhumor' send a mail
to mvhumor-...@egroups.com

By the way, I am NOT a competitor to India Network. I am just
trying to be helpful. Since India Network cannot do it and I
think I can do it, I am doing.

Most, if not all, of your queries will be answered by the list
of Frequently Asked Questions which will be sent to you once
you join.

Please send your correspondence on this mail to
indiaq...@hotmail.com