Wrong length record error on SYS002 file in IDMSBCF-UNLOAD

瀏覽次數:169 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Mike Champagne

未讀,
2003年2月14日 下午3:47:502003/2/14
收件者:
Trying to do an unload/reload on MVS (IDMS R15.0 SP2).

Unloaded a few areas with no problem, ran into problems on the reload due to
broken chains in a couple of dependant areas. Oh goody! Working on fixing
them. Fair enough.

In the meantime, I decided to unload/reload some other areas that needed
attention, however the UNLOAD runs for about an hour and then abends with
RC=08 and the following messages on SYSLST:

Status = -4 SQLSTATE = 5000B Messages follow:

DB002263 C-4M352: Wrong Length Record. DDname SYS002 - BLKSIZE=27998
LRECL=1088
DB002252 C-4M352: Function WRITE DDname SYS002 - I/O error 53

No error messages on SYSLOG. The DD I was using for SYS002 was:

//SYS002 DD DSN=&USER..IDMS.&DB..UNLOAD.SYS002,
// DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),
// DCB=(LRECL=1024,BLKSIZE=27998,RECFM=VB),
// SPACE=(CYL,(1500,500),RLSE),UNIT=(SYSALLDA,16)

CA tech support says I should change the DCB to
(BLKSIZE=4276,RECFM=VB,DSORG=PS) instead; trying that now.

CA has also suggested that I apply APAR QO31051, which appears to deal with
DB002252 messages regarding local tape journals and whether the blocksize of
the file is taken from the DCB info on the DD or from the DMCL; I'm not
particularly confident that this will solve our problem, and haven't tried
this yet.

Is a light bulb going off in anyone's head over this? What is most curious
to me is that the unload worked fine before and now...bzzzt! In other
words, it sounds like it could well be a function of (one of) the areas
being unloaded, but what?

At any rate, if anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears - please respond to me
at mcham...@milnor.com as well as the list as I'm subscribed in digest
mode.

TIA for any and all input!

Mike Champagne
PELLERIN MILNOR CORPORATION

Chris Hoelscher

未讀,
2003年2月14日 下午4:22:502003/2/14
收件者:
this is what I have always used for SYS002:

//SYS002 DD UNIT=(TAPE,,DEFER),
// DSORG=PS,RECFM=VB,LRECL=32756,
// DSN=IDMS.UNLOAD.SYS002(+1),
// DCB=(HUMANA.PATTERN),
// VOL=(,,,35),
// BLKSIZE=32760,
// DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE)

i figgered that it cnt hurt to have as large a lrecl/blksize as possible -
it doesn't seem to waste space - this has always worked for me

chris hoelscher

Mike Champagne

未讀,
2003年2月17日 上午9:36:042003/2/17
收件者:
Thanks to all who responded; as many of you have pointed out, the problem
was the LRECL=1024 in the DCB and the fact that I was unloading a record
with a length greater than that. I should've figured that out as the unload
consistently bombed immediately upon beginning to sweep a specific area.

Of course, it all makes perfect sense now that I think of it! Ain't
hindsight wonderful?

Thanks again!

Mike

Wheeler, Geoff

未讀,
2003年2月17日 上午11:23:502003/2/17
收件者:
I have always used DCB=(RECFM=VB,BLKSIZE=0) with no problems.
Cheers,
Geoff Wheeler

santhos...@gmail.com

未讀,
2014年8月28日 上午11:08:142014/8/28
收件者:
HI All,

I am in process of doing Unload and reload due to the space issue.

I am facing an error in IDMS Database, the error is below.

Status = -4 SQLSTATE = 5000B Messages follow:
DB002252 C-4M352: Function WRITE DDname XXXXXXXXX - I/O error 12

This error i have received during the Format of file.

Could anyone please help me out in solving the issue?

Thanks
Santhosh
0 則新訊息