Changing password with external security

Terry, Stephen

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

*Let me throw another scenario out for you all to throw back at me:
*
*The client site has chosen to secure signon externally via RACF (12.01).
*
*can a user change their own password from INSIDE IDMS other than by linking
*to #SECSGNON ? I know that the program RHDCSNON no longer allows passing a
*NEW password, but since paswords are being managed externally, is there ANY
*way to get the NEW password to RACF from inside IDMS?

*Thanks in Advance

*Chris Hoelscher

Chris,
we have optional apar CS89118 on which will force password entry into a
darkened field, a must when your password covers your TSO userid as well.
With this apar on we use the following procedure to change passwords in RACF
from IDMS:

FROM THE 'ENTER NEXT TASK CODE' PROMPT:
1. TYPE IN 'user-id ? ? ' AND PRESS ENTER.
2. YOU WILL THEN BE PROMPTED TO ENTER YOUR CURRENT PASSWORD :
'ENTER PASSWORD' TYPE IN PASSWORD AND PRESS ENTER.
3. YOU WILL THEN BE PROMPTED TO ENTER A NEW PASSWORD :
'ENTER NEW PASSWORD' TYPE IN NEW PASSWORD AND PRESS ENTER.
4. YOU WILL THEN BE PROMPTED TO VERIFY YOUR NEW PASSWORD :
'VERIFY NEW PASSWORD' TYPE IN NEW PASSWORD AGAIN AND PRESS
ENTER.
5. YOU WILL THEN RECEIVED VERIFICATION OF THE PASSWORD CHANGE:
'PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED'.

Steve Terry
BT

recoverh...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 2:13:09 AM9/26/14
Hey
Are you suffering from any problems related to bt. Password help offer BT Com support services like password recovery, e mail support, update new number, file attachment, mail account set up and so on for the users of BT Com Mail service etc.
Help Line No. 0800-078-6044. try and get results..............