SMS RLS Catalogs

Josef Leitner

Jan 4, 2023, 10:39:53 AM1/4/23
We use ECS NonSMS catalogs in a parallel Sysplex environment an read all DOCs about the advantages of RLS Catalogs. VSAM RLS is already established and in use.
From that point we analyzed our catalogs and found some catalogs which we think we should migrate - also our main DB2 catalogs are on this list.
Tests are on the way in our sandbox Sysplex …
Questions before we move on and turn over to preproduction:
• Did anyone successful migrate his production NonSMS catalogs to SMS RLS?
• Any problems?
• Could you measure the savings (elapsed, CPU-Time) in a real production environment?
• Did anyone convert all his catalogs to RLS?