Copy / Save screen text function in all TN3270 emulators?

Kirk Wolf

Apr 5, 2017, 10:57:48 AM4/5/17
I'm begging your indulgence to help with a little poll to understand which
TN3270 emulators have these two capabilities:

For example, here is mine:

Product: x3270
- Can select screen text and copy to clipboard: yes ( <select> /
<cntrl-c> )
- Has function to save screen as a text file: yes (File / Save screen
text in file )

Your responses would be appreciated.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

George, William@FTB

Apr 5, 2017, 11:16:51 AM4/5/17
Reflection Desktop 16 has these
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.

Charles Mills

Apr 5, 2017, 11:43:06 AM4/5/17
Tom Brennan Vista can do the copy but I do not know of save to file.

Charles

IBM Personal Communications (aka PCOMM) does both of those things. The save screen function is:

File / Print Screen Collection / Collect Screen

HTH

Peter

Mark Regan

Apr 5, 2017, 12:14:09 PM4/5/17
Passport, from Rocket Software, can do both. The save to file feature lets
you do multiple screen prints and then save them to one file if you like.

Mark
--
Mark T. Regan, K8MTR

Kirk Wolf

Apr 5, 2017, 12:44:52 PM4/5/17
Thanks everyone!

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

Nims,Alva John , Al

Apr 5, 2017, 12:55:47 PM4/5/17
Open Text HostExplorer
1. Can Copy/Paste
2. Save screen to disk
3. Print screen or Print multiple screens.

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
UFIT
University of Florida
(352) 273-1298

Apr 5, 2017, 1:16:09 PM4/5/17
On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 11:42:51 -0400, Charles Mills wrote:

>Tom Brennan Vista can do the copy but I do not know of save to file.

There is "Save to disk" and "Save to disk ask" on the file menu.
"ask" seems to default to a .txt file. I've never used it.

--
Tom Marchant

Jesse 1 Robinson

Apr 5, 2017, 1:23:21 PM4/5/17
Yes to both for Vista TN3270.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
323-715-0595 Mobile
626-543-6132 Office ⇐=== NEW
robi...@sce.com

Tom Brennan Vista can do the copy but I do not know of save to file.

Charles

Longabaugh, Robert E

Apr 5, 2017, 1:29:11 PM4/5/17
QWS3270 (we are a customer, CA is not the vendor of this product)

Can highlight and copy: Yes
Save Screen to Text from a dropdown: Yes

Bob Longabaugh
CA Technologies
Storage Management
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__dovetail.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=_hRq4mqlUmqpqlyQ5hkoDXIVh6I6pxfkkNxQuL0p-Z0&r=_pjUpH7SxKBkB6gBZH_r7a7W1q59Nzy5lPxFUOMH-UM&m=6kEhEp0jZT3aK905b1dlQTBiJMDpiWeLXKhVgS7skz4&s=_hsuTGbIAbKUTooF1lmTThbmk-4FxNDG870FJGavAvY&e=

Steve Smith

Apr 5, 2017, 2:45:46 PM4/5/17
You can probably paste into your favorite text editor regardless.
--
sas

David Boyes

Apr 6, 2017, 1:49:24 AM4/6/17
Peter diCamillos Mac tn3270 (aka Brown tn3270):

Can highlight and copy: Yes
Save Screen to Text from a dropdown: Yes

Hummingbird Host Explorer:

Can highlight and copy: Yes
Save Screen to Text from a dropdown: Yes

Cieri, Anthony

Apr 6, 2017, 3:00:55 PM4/6/17

Product: Attachmate Extra X-treme 9.3

- Can select screen text and copy to clipboard: yes ( <select> / <cntrl-c> )
- Has function to save screen as a text file: yes (File / Print Screen, then select file radio button under Destination)

Nov 29, 2022, 9:24:25 PM11/29/22
I am trying to send keystrokes from Microsoft Foxpro to QWS3270, the only one I am having a problem with is to save the screen to the clipboard. I remapped F5 to paste to clipboard but when I Sendkey('@5') it says unsupported function. Can you help? fred_k...@hotmail.com