Errno=86x The function is not implemented; Reason=05520044

Cifani, Domenic

Feb 8, 2011, 5:36:33 PM2/8/11
Hi

I'm trying to create a new dir under an existing DIR omvsapps we are running z/OS 1.10
EUID=0 /
Type Filename
_ Dir .
_ Dir ..
_ Dir ...
_ Dir bin
_ Dir cai
_ Dir custserv
_ Dir dev
_ Dir etc
_ Syml krb5
_ Dir lib
_ Dir omvsapps
_ Dir opt
_ Dir samples
_ Dir service
_ Dir SYSTEM
_ Dir TELUS_ES
_ Dir tmp
_ Dir u
_ Dir usr
_ Dir var

EUID=0 /omvsapps/
Type Filename
_ Dir .
_ Dir ..
_ Dir moh_genesis_prod

I need to create a new Dir called moh_genesis_test and every time to create a new Dir, I even tried under /opt we get the following error msg.

Using ISHELL
File Directory Special_file Tools File_systems Options Setup Help
A1AA UNIX System Services ISPF Shell

Enter a pathname and do one of these:

- Press Enter.
- Select an action bar choice.
- Specify an action code or command on the command line.

Return to this panel to work with a different pathname.
More: +
/omvsapps/moh_genesis_test/

EUID=0

Errno=86x The function is not implemented; Reason=05520044
Internal system error. Press Enter to continue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Domenic

Domenic Cifani
Technology Consultant III
Network Software Canada
HP Enterprise Services
Telephone (905) 383-7864
HP Cell (905) 869-3279
Email domenic...@hp.com<mailto:bernie....@eds.com>
30 Sedona Court Hamilton Ontario L9B 2R1

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Rob Schramm

Feb 8, 2011, 5:53:13 PM2/8/11
For starters check the security bits?

Can you issue a

D OMVS,F

I'd try it under omvs just to make sure it isn't some ISHELL weirdity.

The return code should be able to be pulled apart... usually it is
accompanied by the function that is failing.

Cheers,
Rob

Cifani, Domenic

Feb 8, 2011, 6:16:14 PM2/8/11
Hi
Rob
I displayed the OMVS files

AUTOMNT 44 ACTIVE RDWR 01/22/2011 L=64
NAME=*AMD/omvsapps 03.56.43 Q=0
PATH=/omvsapps

ZFS 65 ACTIVE RDWR 01/22/2011 L=70
NAME=OMVSAPPS.MOH.GENESIS.PROD.ZFS 12.18.57 Q=0
PATH=/omvsapps/moh_genesis_prod
AGGREGATE NAME=OMVSAPPS.MOH.GENESIS.PROD.ZFS
MOUNT PARM=aggrgrow

Then I logged to OMVS and tried to create the directory but still get the same error " EDC5134I Function not implemented."

BPXROOT:/u/vz90v1 $pwd
/u/vz90v1
BPXROOT:/u/vz90v1 $cd /omvsapps/
BPXROOT:/omvsapps $ls
moh_genesis_prod
BPXROOT:/omvsapps $mkdir moh_genesis_test
mkdir: FSUM6404 directory "moh_genesis_test": EDC5134I Function not implemented.
BPXROOT:/omvsapps $

Domenic

Domenic Cifani
Technology Consultant III
Network Software Canada
HP Enterprise Services
Telephone (905) 383-7864
HP Cell (905) 869-3279
Email domenic...@hp.com

30 Sedona Court Hamilton Ontario L9B 2R1

Rob Schramm

Feb 8, 2011, 6:59:20 PM2/8/11
Dominic,

Is your root filesystem mounted read-only?

Are you able to
1) unmount /omvsapps/moh_genesis_prod
2) perform the mkdir /omvsapps/moh_genesis_test
3) mount /omvsapps/moh_genesis_prod
4) mount whatever filesystem on /omvsapps/moh_genesis_prod

Erik Janssen

Feb 9, 2011, 2:44:46 AM2/9/11
Domenic,

Your omvsapps dir is handled by automount. So any directory under it should be mounted (and is automagically created) by the automount daemon. Your /etc/auto.master file will have something like '/omvsapps /etc/omvsapps.map'. The map file tells automount which dirs under /omvsapps should be automounted when someone tries to access it. So instead of creating the dir you should add it to the map file or use another dir to create your moh_genesis_test under. If you add something like the following to the map file and issue 'SH automount' from the commandline under the ISH afterwards it should do the trick.

name moh_genesis_test
type ZFS
filesystem OMVSAPPS.MOH.GENESIS.PROD.ZFS
mode rdwr
duration 30
delay 10
parm aggrgrow

After that you can just cd into the directory and it will be automounted.

Erik Janssen.

Feb 9, 2011, 2:48:53 AM2/9/11
Domenic,

Looking again, probably you don't want to mount moh_genesis_test on the PROD zfs ;-)
So something like this is better:

name moh_genesis_test
type ZFS
filesystem OMVSAPPS.MOH.GENESIS.TEST.ZFS

mode rdwr
duration 30
delay 10
parm aggrgrow