GDPS Manuals Link

fred glenlake

Jul 22, 2021, 4:47:18 PM7/22/21
Hi List,

I am unsuccessfully trying to locate the hiding spot of the GDPS Manuals for V4R1 so I can download a few. If anyone can share the link of where I could download them please.

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Alan Altmark

Jul 23, 2021, 12:28:52 PM7/23/21
On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:46:46 +0000, fred glenlake <fred.g...@OUTLOOK.COM> wrote:
>I am unsuccessfully trying to locate the hiding spot of the GDPS Manuals for V4R1 so I can download a few. If anyone can share
> the link of where I could download them please.

I don't think the GDPS manuals aren't online since they're part of a service offering, not a product, per se. I would open a Case with GDPS to request them.

Alan Altmark
IBM

Radoslaw Skorupka

Jul 24, 2021, 9:03:22 AM7/24/21
W dniu 22.07.2021 o 22:46, fred glenlake pisze:
> Hi List,
>
> I am unsuccessfully trying to locate the hiding spot of the GDPS Manuals for V4R1 so I can download a few. If anyone can share the link of where I could download them please.

GDPS is closed. Manuals are not available to anyone. Even list of
manuals. Even GDPS courses require GDPS license as a prerequisite.
Funny: the instructor need not to be "licensed" or currently working
with GDPS.

The only open source of knowledge is Redbook.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

Jackson, Rob

Jul 24, 2021, 9:26:05 AM7/24/21
To be fair, they're really not that hard to get a hold of. We haven't used GDPC/XRC since 2016; they still send me the newsletter and the FTP site password every time they change it. Both the user ID and the password in the same unencrypted email. They don't seem to be too concerned about the general public accessing the doc., etc.

First Horizon Bank
Mainframe Technical Support

Jul 26, 2021, 12:25:24 PM7/26/21
Hi Fred,

You can send an email to gd...@us.ibm.com to request access to the ftp server holding the GDPS manuals. Hope this helps.

Nadim Shehab
GDPS Development

Nadim Shehab

Jul 26, 2021, 3:14:35 PM7/26/21
Also, GDPS V4R1 is out of service, so the respective manuals won't be available. For in service manuals (currently V4R2-V4R4), you can contact the email address I provided.

Nadim Shehab
GDPS Development

Nadim Shehab

Jul 26, 2021, 9:01:34 PM7/26/21
After discussing with the GDPS support team, I can provide the following advise for licensed enterprises...

For manuals of in-service releases (currently V4R2-V4R4), you should contact the individual in your company who is authorized to download them from the ftp server. If you don't know who that is, you can send an email to GDPS and we can provide the contact names.

For out of service releases, you can open a support case to get the appropriate GDPS manuals as they are no longer on the GDPS FTP server.

I hope this helps.

Nadim Shehab
GDPS Development