Renumbering my CFCC L/PAR

Daniel Bulman

Apr 9, 2004, 10:39:19 AM4/9/04
I have parrallel sysplex running on a 2064-1C4 at z/OS 1.4. I have
4 OS L/PARs and a CFCC L/PAR that contains all my structures. I have
a need to change the L/PAR number of the CFCC L/PAR. I've updated my
IODF and IOCP and scheduled a POR for next weekend.

After the POR, when I attempt to IPL the first OS, am I going to enter
a wait state since the L/PAR number of my CFCC L/PAR no longer matches
the L/PAR number in my CFRM policy? Will I have to bring one system
up as a monoplex, update my CFRM policy, then shutdown that system
before I can IPL the other systems into the sysplex?

My window for doing this is small so I'm wondering how I might be
able to do this in the least amount of time. Any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Thanks, Dan Bulman
United Health Technologies

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Alan.C...@ibm-main.lst

Apr 9, 2004, 10:51:27 AM4/9/04

Alan.C...@ibm-main.lst

Apr 9, 2004, 10:52:54 AM4/9/04
Dan,

You could create NEW CFRM datasets with the new policy
pointing to the changed LPAR.

Then change the COUPLExx members to point to the new datasets
and IPL.

What you are describing is not unlike the situation we run into at DR.

Alan

Mark Zelden

Apr 9, 2004, 10:56:40 AM4/9/04
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:39:13 -0500, Daniel Bulman <daniel_...@UHC.COM>
wrote:

>I have parrallel sysplex running on a 2064-1C4 at z/OS 1.4. I have
>4 OS L/PARs and a CFCC L/PAR that contains all my structures. I have
>a need to change the L/PAR number of the CFCC L/PAR. I've updated my
>IODF and IOCP and scheduled a POR for next weekend.
>
>After the POR, when I attempt to IPL the first OS, am I going to enter
>a wait state since the L/PAR number of my CFCC L/PAR no longer matches
>the L/PAR number in my CFRM policy? Will I have to bring one system
>up as a monoplex, update my CFRM policy, then shutdown that system
>before I can IPL the other systems into the sysplex?
>
>My window for doing this is small so I'm wondering how I might be
>able to do this in the least amount of time. Any suggestions will be
>appreciated.

Have you ever recovered your sysplex at DR? Similar to this.

I would create a new set of XCF and CFRM couple data sets and
point to them for a "minimal" IPL of the first LPAR. Then load a new
CFRM policy with the PARTITION(n) update. After that you can switch
back to your original XCF and CFRM couple data sets and do normal
IPLs.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Sr. Software and Systems Architect

JO.Skip....@ibm-main.lst

Apr 9, 2004, 1:56:01 PM4/9/04
The only show stopper I know of in IPLing without a 'working CF' is GRS
star. Before GRS star, our DR procedures had us IPL initially without a
working CF, then activate a new CFRM policy appropriate for the DR
environment. That brought the CFs to life and we went on--no second IPL
required. GRS star changed all that. In star mode you cannot IPL at all
without a usable GRS structure.

Before we spend time giving suggestions, could you clarify whether you are
running GRS star? Also, do you have a second CF? If so, you can do this one
CF at a time.