Am I missing something when doing XMIT with an encrypted data set?

瀏覽次數:53 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Colin Paice

未讀,
2021年9月1日 上午11:43:222021/9/1
收件者:
I've set up encryption for some data sets.
I did an *XMIT a.a dsn(...) *of an encrypted data set, and it was sent
unencrypted so I could to a TSO receive and read it with no encryption

This means that your datasets on the local z/OS are very secure - but
people could unwittingly send them out in the clear.

If I use DFDSS to backup, and then send the dataset it works as expected.
There is "ENCIPHER" on the XMIT command - but I could not get this to work.
Is there some set up I need to do to prevent this? I was expecting some
checks along the lines of "this dataset is encrypted, it needs additional
checks - or use DFDSS under the covers"

Colin

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Mike Wawiorko

未讀,
2021年9月1日 上午11:49:502021/9/1
收件者:
Secure NJE with AT-TLS?

But you do have a point that XMIT might somehow check that to make it all-pervasive encryption.

Mike Wawiorko