Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

3270 Emulator Software

809 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Lizette Koehler

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 06:43:2624.08.2010
alıcı
I just went through the archives looking for generic information on 3270
emulators. There is a lot but no specific to my requirements.

So here goes.

What are - say - the top 5 emulators everyone uses out there.

I have in my list so far

Hummingbird

Bluezone

HOD (Host on Demand - IBM) - an I am not sure what other software is
required to run this (Websphere or other?)

!Extra

Pcomm

Rumba

However, I was wondering if there were others.

My requirements are support (well supported), cost, encryption and usage
across a wide platform (z/OS, Linux, Windows, etc.). And it has to be
deployed via Citrix.

I am not sure what anyone else is using out there for this type of software.
I love Vista3270 but I am not sure that my company will even look at it.

Is there a preference out there or is it just a random acquisition - kinda
like I like the pink one?

Or does someone have an evaluation analysis write up on this type of
software that they would be willing to share?

I am not usually in the front in the RFP but this time I am and it would
help me to know what to look for when selecting a 3270 emulator.

Thanks

Lizette

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Lizette Koehler

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 06:56:3324.08.2010
[...]

Eric

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 06:57:3924.08.2010
alıcı
we use "Reflection" from http://www.attachmate.com
Best Regards,
Eric.

R.S.

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 07:08:3724.08.2010
alıcı
W dniu 2010-08-24 12:42, Lizette Koehler pisze:

> I just went through the archives looking for generic information on 3270
> emulators. There is a lot but no specific to my requirements.
>

> So here goes.
>

> What are - say - the top 5 emulators everyone uses out there.
>

> I have in my list so far

My list:
1. PCOMM
2. Nexus - very fast, very small, very little resources consuming.
3. x3270 - free
4. nothing
5. nothing

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

S d Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy
XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru S dowego,
nr rejestru przedsi biorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wed ug stanu na dzie 01.01.2009 r. kapita zak adowy BRE Banku SA (w ca o ci wp acony) wynosi 118.763.528 z otych. W zwi zku z realizacj warunkowego podwy szenia kapita u zak adowego, na podstawie uchwa y XXI WZ z dnia 16 marca 2008r., oraz uchwa y XVI NWZ z dnia 27 pa dziernika 2008r., mo e ulec podwy szeniu do kwoty 123.763.528 z . Akcje w podwy szonym kapitale zak adowym BRE Banku SA b d w ca o ci op acone.

Martinez, Frank J

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 07:17:2124.08.2010
alıcı
We use two: PowerTerm by Ericom Software and QWS (QuickWorkStation Secure) by Jolly Giant Software

Frank J. Martinez
Technical Support Supervisor
IT System z
Tel.: 305-284-3919
Cell: 305-987-8281
Fax : 305-284-3872
e-Mail: FJM...@miami.edu

Peter Nuttall

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 08:01:5624.08.2010
alıcı
HI Lizette,

You might want to check if any of your apps are using EHLLAPI (Screen
scraping) or HLLAPI , so you can make sure the new emulator software
supports that (I suspect most do, but you never know .... ).

Extra is in use here, deployed over citrix ....

Kind regards,
Peter

"Lizette Koehler" <star...@MINDSPRING.COM>
Sent by: "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-...@bama.ua.edu>
24/08/2010 12:42 PM
Please respond to
"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-...@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-...@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
3270 Emulator Software

So here goes.

Hummingbird

Bluezone

!Extra

Pcomm

Rumba

Thanks

Lizette

This e-mail message, including any attachments transmitted with it, is CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system. Please visit our website to read the full disclaimer: http://www.euroclear.com/site/public/disclaimer

Michael Saraco

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 09:12:5324.08.2010
alıcı
Over the years and doing consulting work for several different companies
my favorite is TN3270 Plus by http://www.sdisw.com/. It is cheap works
great and with Citrix I have never seen it deployed with Citrix. I
connect using Citrix to 2 different clients then use TN3270 for my
emulation.

Another emulator is Passport.

Michael Saraco
Systems Consultant
303-838-3374 x115
Cell 507-525-0530

From: Lizette Koehler <star...@MINDSPRING.COM>
To: IBM-...@bama.ua.edu
Date: 08/24/2010 05:56 AM
Subject: 3270 Emulator Software
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-...@bama.ua.edu>

Itschak Mugzach

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 09:26:1924.08.2010
alıcı
I have z/Scope installed on my laptop. Be aware of the supported certificate
types. Not all of the emulators supports all types of certificates,
especially ARMs.

ITschak

Thompson, Steve

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 09:40:5324.08.2010
alıcı
However, I was wondering if there were others.

My requirements are support (well supported), cost, encryption and usage

across a wide platform (z/OS, Linux, Windows, etc...).  And it has to be
deployed via Citrix.

I am not sure what anyone else is using out there for this type of
software.  I love Vista3270 but I am not sure that my company will even look
at it.

<SNIPPAGE>

I personally use QWS3270 Plus. There is also a secure version (does SSL as I recall). I have run it on Linux using Wine (not the secure, as I don't have that variant).

It is well supported, and as far as I am concerned, the price is good (QWS3270 Plus is less than US$30 single seat the last time I priced it).

I am not a Citrix user, so I have no idea about how QWS will interface with it (we have Citrix here, I am just fortunate to only need a "normal" VPN).

The biggest kicker that I have come across in evaluating 3270 software:

Scripting language and how it is supported. If you already have a system written using one language, will it easily port to another 3270 emulation system?

The next one, which is much more important to me is, can I map my keyboard (whether it is a keyboard or a laptop keyboard wannabe) to behave as much as possible to a real 3270 keyboard, including all the programmable keys (PF and PA)? Since I am a touch typist, this is a critical thing to me. Don't make me use a mouse to get PF3 or PA2 or some such.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

George.William

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 09:49:5524.08.2010
alıcı
Strange, no one seems to have mentioned what I believe is one of the BEST and I've heard others state such too.
Hmmm.
Tom Brennan's Vista!
http://www.tombrennansoftware.com/

[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.

Ward, Mike S

okunmadı,
24 Ağu 2010 10:03:2824.08.2010
alıcı
I believe IBM has PCOMM, and there is another vendor called ERICOM they
have a pretty good tn3270 client. We use OpenText Host Explorer. It used
to be HummingBird.