LISCAT with space allocations

Bill Giannelli

Sep 3, 2021, 10:34:27 AM9/3/21
How might I run an IDCAMS LISTCAT to get just the space allocations? Should I use a different utility?
thanks
Bill

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Seymour J Metz

Sep 3, 2021, 10:52:36 AM9/3/21
TSO: LISTDS dsn LABEL
IEHLIST: LISTVTOV FORMAT,DSNAME=dsn,VOL=device=serial
Numerous programs on the CBT tape, e.g., VTOC.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

Sep 3, 2021, 11:02:08 AM9/3/21
No, we are very tight on DASD space.
I am trying to get a list with a HLQ of datasets with their space allocations to find large candidates to delete

Sri h Kolusu

Sep 3, 2021, 11:12:06 AM9/3/21
> No, we are very tight on DASD space.
> I am trying to get a list with a HLQ of datasets with their space
> allocations to find large candidates to delete

Bill,

If you are intending to get large candidates, it is quite simple to do it
in ISPF

in 3.4 bring up the dataset list with

HLQ.*

and issue the command SORT TRACKS D

This will sort the list with tracks in the descending order. So the large
allocations should be at the top.

You can also save this list of dataset with the command SAVE MYLIST

It will save the listing to USERID.MYLIST.DATASETS

You can run LISTCAT in batch with LEVEL on HLQ and get all the details and
have another program to strip off the space allocation data. File-manager
can also be used.

Thanks,
Kolusu

Bill Giannelli

Sep 3, 2021, 11:15:50 AM9/3/21
I need a large list of datasets by HLQ and space allocations as a report for management before they are removed.....

Sri h Kolusu

Sep 3, 2021, 11:20:45 AM9/3/21
> I need a large list of datasets by HLQ and space allocations as a
> report for management before they are removed.....

If you need multiple HLQ's then you can get the information from DCOLLECT.
You run DCOLLECT and use an utility to strip the data you are interested
in.

Thanks,
Kolusu

PINION, RICHARD W.

Sep 3, 2021, 11:23:53 AM9/3/21
If you have FDREPORT from IDP/Compuware/BMC, that's a good tool.

Sep 3, 2021, 12:49:11 PM9/3/21
I use VTOC command from CBTTAPE.ORG file 112 when looking at dasd datasets in batch. Otherwise ispf 3.4 as mentioned above.