MQ V92 BACKMIG

Steely.Mark

Jul 28, 2021, 7:20:58 PM7/28/21
I am trying to test the BACKMIG of MQ V9.2.

The directions says to use the START QMGR command.
For some reason I can't get this to work. To tired.
This is command I usually use to start the QMGR: +MQSI START QMGR PARM(MQSIZPRM)
I did try this command: +MQSI START QMGR PARM(MQSIZPRM) BACKMIG(900) - did not work. ABEND=S5C6 U0000 REASON=00E8000F
So that's when I looked up the START QMGR command.
I tried this: START QMGR ENVPARM(MQSIMSTR) PARM(MQSIZPRM) BACKMIG(900) - did not work.
PROC QMGR not found.
What am I doing wrong.....
Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You

*** Disclaimer ***
This communication (including all attachments) is solely for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and is a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it and notify the sender.

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

David Spiegel

Jul 28, 2021, 9:31:48 PM7/28/21
It might be helpful to include the output from the Job's/STC's JESMSGLG
(DSID 2).

Regards,
David

Lizette Koehler

Jul 28, 2021, 9:47:43 PM7/28/21
Did you do this?

[V9.2.0 Jul 2020]BACKMIG( backward-migration-target-vrm )
The queue manager is to start up and perform backward migration actions
such that it can be restarted at the backward-migration-target-vrm, and then
the queue manager is to shut down without ever being available to any
applications.

backward-migration-target-vrm
The version, release and modification number for the target version
for backward migration, for example 910. Backward migration to this release
must be allowed.
The release, if any, to which backward migration is allowed, is
indicated in the CSQY039I message at queue manager start up. If the CSQY039I
message is not emitted, backward migration is not supported to any release.

So +MQS1 START QMGR PARM(MQSIZPEM BACKMIG(910)

I am just guessing at the syntax, but something like that?

And your PARM member is correct?

If the CSQY039I message is not emitted, backward migration is not supported
to any release

Did you see any CSQY039I?

Lizette