FESTIVAL AND RUSSIAN BAZAAR √ SATURDAY OCTOBER 3 √ NORWICH CT

Fr. Basil

Sep 30, 2009, 6:39:37 PM9/30/09
12th Annual Fall Festival and Russian Bazaar
Saturday October 3, 2009 9am-4pm

Holy New Martyrs Russian Orthodox Church
364 Canterbury Tpke., Norwich, CT
(860) 822-6688
www.holynewmartyrs.com

Food and Bake Sale
Country Market
Tag Sale & basket raffle
Entertainment
Kid's activities
Huge silent auction
Books, CDs, and Gifts
Basket Raffles
Father Basil's Famous Fresh Breads
And more!

FESTIVAL MENU

BORSCHT - a hearty, beef based soup made with beets, and other winter
vegetables garnished with a generous dollop of sour cream and dill.
PIROSHKI - the original Russian fast-food. A small, savory pastry
filled with ground beef.
PIEROGI - (in Ukrainian or Russian -Varrenyki) a noodle turnover
filled with mashed potato and cheese, or savory cabbage, fried and
served with sautО©╫ed onions or sour cream.
KOLBASA & KAPUSTA - a flavorful, meat sausage prepared with roasted
cabbage and black bread.
KOTLETI DINNER - 2 turkey cutlet patties fried in butter, served
together with our own supreme sauce and mashed potatoes and cranberry
sauce.
ROAST PORK DINNER - Sliced pork loin with mashed potatoes, gravy and
apple sauce.
GOLUBTSI - (in Ukrainian Holubtsi, in Polish Golabki) Stuffed cabbage
just like Baba made, filled with seasoned ground beef and rice, served
in tomato sauce with black bread.
BLINCHIKI - a delicate, rolled crepe filled with farmer's cheese,
lightly fried in butter, and finally topped with fresh, homemade
blueberry sauce.
HOT DOG - what is there to say ? Simple, unadulterated.
COFFEE or TEA - CANNED SODA - BOTTLED WATER
TAKE OUT AVAILABLE ON ALL ITEMS.

ALSO, JOIN US IN A RUSSIANО©╫TRADITION. TEA

While you're visiting the Festival, stop by at our tea Corner.

Various Teas will be available for purchase.

We hope you will join us. There is plenty to see and lots to taste.
Please, take your time and don't miss anything.