[GN] Fwd: Brill's Content

Zeke Krahlin

Aug 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/19/00
--- Devil Doll <devi...@godisdead.com> wrote:
> And yeah, what IS wrong with being ordinary?

Plenty. "Straight" is ordinary. Mom, the flag, and apple pie are
"ordinary". Conformism is "ordinary".

> What else could we possibly be working for?

Recognition and dignity for who we are, as we are NOW. We *are different,
and this should be celebrated, not condemned.

> The right to go on feeling different and special?

Of course. A society that does not celebrate and revere the uniqueness of
each individual, and the great variety of our culture among many different
ethnic groups, including gay people...is a grievously boring, nihilistic
society. And that's what we have now. Why on earth should I seek
assimilation into such a monstrous entity? Fear?

I have not only suffered in a society that is gay-hateful...but being very
individualistic, as well as poor (income-wise) and counterculture
(politicially to left), I have suffered a whole slew of meanness and
discrimination. There is no way I want to be "normal" by our society's
present definition of normality.

In fact, in my stand for individuality and gay presence, I am awakened and
fulfilled in true "normality". I refuse to conform to someone else's
suffocating definition of what "normal" is...just as I refuse to conform
to a hetero's definition of what "gay" is.

>No thanks!

Don't let me stop you. You've already made it perfectly clear that you
have nothing to contribute to the advancement of gay civil rights.

---
http://surf.to/gaybible

http://mail.yahoo.com/

in the body. (This may fail if your address has changed since you signed
up; if so, or for other assistance, contact gaynet-...@queernet.org.)