Thracian Heterophobia

Sam Damon

Sep 21, 2001, 6:56:03 AM9/21/01

As for heterophobia, or more properly, heteronegativism (equivalent to what
we commonly call "homophobia"), to say that it doesn't exist is again proof
of your ignorance. Although it's not a topic I've done extensive reading on,
here is one study in my files that prove you wrong. I believe I have seen
other studies as well in our medical library. Yes, it's much less prevalent
than homophobia but it does exist. The reactions match point-for-point with
homophobia, and neither are true phobias as I have stated in another
message.

White SM, Franzini LR. Heteronegativism? The attitudes of gay men and
lesbians toward heterosexuals. J Homosex 1999;37(1):65-79.

Although my area of interest is focused on gay studies, cultural and
scientific, I'd be willing to bet that if my expertise was broader, I'd find
holes in most of your opinionated messages. I can only hope that others
would do so although few people would bother wasting their time.

You are letting your self-imposed anger and biases cloud your thinking. It
started with the anti-Mr. Rogers tirade, which received no support from the
community, and continues on and on and on.

--
This is message #1010.
(This may fail if your address has changed since you signed
up; if so, or for other assistance, contact <gaynet...@groups.queernet.org>.)

For information about other lists, or to create and manage a list on
a topic that interests you, see <http://www.queernet.org> for details.

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

Chief Thracian

Sep 21, 2001, 2:34:17 PM9/21/01
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 06:56:03 -0400, "Sam Damon" <sdc...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>It started with the anti-Mr. Rogers tirade, which
>received no support from the community, and
>continues on and on and on.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But not receiving any
support from the community doesn't seem to hold much relevance...if by
"community" you mean this GayNet list.

Since the day (Sep. 13) I made an appeal to put me in touch with gay
homeless people of NYC, I have not received ONE such reply, to assist
me in giving them a voice to the world, from their perspective. (My
appeal was also posted in other gay groups.) One wonders just what
kind of "community" this is, if there seems to be not one single
person besides myself on this list, who has any sort of compassionate
outreach to our houseless sisters and brothers.

---
A true Amerikan is a hetero-Amerikan.
Seig Heil!
http://surf.to/gaybible
--
This is message #1022.

Cheopys

Sep 22, 2001, 3:46:36 PM9/22/01

Exactly what the Christian Right says about homosexuals.

It's comforting to know that you are officially diagnosed as mentally ill ... sort of helps keep the world coherent.

Your idea that bisexuals lord some sort of "superiority" over gays is pure drivel.

I don't know what happened in your life to squish you down into such a little hateful lump, but it destroyed you. Weakling.