Pornophobia Is New Gay-Bashing tool

1 view

phillojo

Sep 11, 2001, 3:36:21 PM9/11/01
Tuesday, September 11, 2001 (advocate.com)

Obscenity law cited in shop owner's arrest

Police in Fort Worth, Tex., used a state law that some say is open to
interpretation to arrest the owners of a gay and lesbian gift shop
accused of selling sexually explicit videotapes, the Fort Worth
Star-Telegram reported Friday. In confiscating about 500 videos from
Woody's Warehouse and making the arrests, police said the shop owners
violated a Texas obscenity law that prohibits the sale of patently
offensive movies. The Texas Penal Code that deals with obscenity
requires that material be judged by applying "contemporary community
standards"--and because that definition is open to interpretation, it
has been at the center of many legal battles, police and lawyers said.

Christopher Hightower, an owner of the shop, said city officials never
mentioned the state obscenity law when he took the necessary steps to
open the gift shop two months ago. "We made every attempt to follow
the law," said Hightower, 29, who was arrested Wednesday on an
obscenity wholesale charge, a class A misdemeanor punishable by a year
in jail and a $4,000 fine. "We went through all of the proper
channels. That's why this is so frustrating." Hightower, who reopened
the business Thursday, said all remaining materials that could be
considered sexually explicit have been pulled from the shelves. "I'm
not here to break any laws or cause problems," he said. But he
questions whether the shop was targeted because it serves lesbians and
gays. "It seems like selective enforcement to me," he said. "I think
it may have been an attack on our community."

A city employee conducting a routine inspection of the shop tipped off
police to the sexually explicit materials, said Lt. Steve Baker of the
vice squad. Baker said that Fort Worth police don't use the obscenity
law very often because businesses know that obscene materials are not
tolerated in the city. "About five years ago we began pretty strict
enforcement," he said. "Apparently the word got out."

(This may fail if your address has changed since you signed
up; if so, or for other assistance, contact <gaynet...@groups.queernet.org>.)

For information about other lists, or to create and manage a list on
a topic that interests you, see <http://www.queernet.org> for details.

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

Chief Thracian

Sep 17, 2001, 11:19:30 AM9/17/01
On 11 Sep 2001 12:36:21 -0700, philli...@aol.com (phillojo) wrote:

>Police in Fort Worth, Tex., used a state law that some say is open to
>interpretation to arrest the owners of a gay and lesbian gift shop

Those who know my articles from the recent past (say, since October
2000), are aware that I predicted that Bush/Ashcroft shall create a
new anti-pornography law that bans any mention of words like
"homosexual", "lesbian", and "gay". ("Faggot" will be allowed, for
obvious reasons.) This law will be used to wipe out any and all
presence of anything that even remotely sympathizes with the cause of
LGBT Freedom. No website, message board, mailing list, newsgroup, chat
room, e-mail or ftp service, will be permitted to exist, if it
contains any of the forbidden words, or assists in the health,
happiness, sanctuary, or in any other way gives a positive slant, to
any gay person, or to any person associated with our Queer Family.

Once this draconic law is established--which will easily pass and be
implemented, thanks to the plethora of "gay friendly" heteros and
ultra-conservative queers, eager to line up for their brownshirt
uniforms--an identical law against us queers shall be passed, to ban
us from any public presence. Thus, one must not appear in such a
manner as to evoke the idea of "gay"; which includes not just a ban on
men who seem effeminate in even the smallest way, but also the
censorship of wearing the pink triangle (or any other symbol
considered "gay" by the arbitrary whims of whichever accusing hetero
in your presence decides he or she doesn't like you). It will also be
verboten to speak publicly--or privately, if caught; in which case it
will be regarded as "public"--about the gay issue, in any
constructive, positive manner whatsoever.

The only exception to these rules, is the use of these forbidden words
in order to denigrate our community. Such as: "Gays should all be
shot," "I'm gonna rape me a lesbo", "Our society is polluted with
queers, and they must be flushed out, or God will punish us more", and
"Bisexuals are used by gays to spread hetero AIDS".

Have a good day. WWIII, Day 7.
Come to Athenia.

---
I am Cerberus who guards the gates of hell,
protecting my gay pups from the wrath that
shall soon pour forth from these gates.
I am Damien, The Werewolf.
---
http://surf.to/gaybible