New ESL Program

Ta Fuh Chiam

Jun 19, 1992, 7:12:14 PM6/19/92
>Does anyone have any information on the changes to the ESL program?
>It is my understanding that it is being expanded to cover all the
>products that are listed under CSLG and because of that, some adjustments
>have to be made for how media and docs are distributed as well as the
>costs involved.

In a nutshell, the new ESL provides you phone support for all products provided
under CSLG. No media and documentation provided. You will have to purchase media
and documentation. You can choose to purchase those you need on TK50 or whatever
or subscribe to the CD-ROM distribution, which covers most but not all products.

Ta Fuh Chiam

Ta Fuh Chiam
Ohio University, College of Business Administration / Phone: (614)593-2088
Management Information Systems FAX: (614)593-1388
Copeland Hall 22 INTERNET : ch...@vulcan.cba.ohiou.edu
Athens, Ohio 45701, U.S.A. or : ch...@ouvaxa.ucls.ohiou.edu
BITNET : CHIAM@OUACCVMB
Use my first Internet address if at all possible.
Disclaimer: What I have said are my opinions, not of anyone else.

Lawrence Gottesman

Jun 19, 1992, 6:56:19 PM6/19/92
Does anyone have any information on the changes to the ESL program?
It is my understanding that it is being expanded to cover all the
products that are listed under CSLG and because of that, some adjustments
have to be made for how media and docs are distributed as well as the
costs involved.

Any information, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ronald A. Jarrell

Jun 21, 1992, 8:08:00 AM6/21/92
Yes, there have been many changes in the ESL program. The adjustments to
the media and documentation distribution are, however fairly simple. You
don't get any at all.

If you're a large site, like we are, basically what you get is this:

1) The opportunity to pay DEC about twice as much a year.
2) Telephone access for everything in the CSLG, which in most cases
you probably weren't using, and could care less that you can ask
questions about now.
3) The opportunity to pay MORE, on top of #1, to get the media and docs
for ANY of the above, so that you actually have software to not
ask questions about.

Such a deal! It's nice to see that DEC is looking out for us.