From: Jackie Byford [mailto:blackberrypear...@gmail.com
I work in a large district Klein ISD.
We have our own Network Operations Center with a Network Administrator and
Information Technology Facts
- Help desk -- Closed 39,560 tickets for 2010-2011 school year
- Staff -- 45 employees supporting helpdesk, computer technicians, server
analysts, network engineers, security technicians, application analysts,
and application development, three administrators.
- Manage wireless air space for guaranteed connectivity. Support 5ghz
for wireless data and 2.4 ghz for wireless voice.
- Internet bandwidth of up to 350 mb.
- Fiber connectivity to all campuses and auxiliary buildings in the
district. Redundant fiber connectivity to six core sites.
The IT Department Manages Approximately:
- 7500 + telephones
- 2000 + wireless access points
- 35,000 + computer/printer devices
- 1500 + security devices
- 350 + virtual/physical servers
- 127 + terabytes of storage for data and video
- 200 + software programs
- 1100 + routers/switches
- 30,000 + data/voice cabling
- 150 miles of single mode fiber
- 1.3 million dollar operating budget
UTB/ MTT Program