Deaf and hard-of-hearing participants requested for anonymous survey of YouTube captioning system

1 view

erin.j...@ttu.edu

Nov 29, 2016, 12:03:10 PM11/29/16
I am looking for deaf and hard-of-hearing participants for a microstudy to be completed for my research methods course. I am seeking deaf or hard-of-hearing people who use YouTube to determine attitudes toward its captioning system.

Participants are asked to complete a short, 15-20 minute survey. The survey will not include any questions that will personally identify participants. By completing the survey, participants will help us learn both the strengths and weaknesses of the YouTube captioning system, which can then be compared to traditional media captioning. The survey URL is provided below.

If prospective participants have any questions, they are free to contact me via email: erin.j...@ttu.edu. You may also contact the research methods course instructor, Dr. Kelli Cargile Cook at kelli.car...@ttu.edu.

The survey can be found at the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYIjNt1eMTqbSqY4NXGZIJNK1hhNcfpbJhbQ0cCuXx0Ye5yQ/viewform

While the survey does require you to log in to complete the survey, your account information will not be recorded, and it will not be associated with your data, making your participation completely anonymous. The log in is required only to ensure that participants cannot complete the survey more than once.

The survey will be open until 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (US) on December 5, 2016.

Thank you! Even if you aren't able to participate, if you'd be willing to pass this message along to any friends who might be able to participate, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Erin Jerison
MA Student, Texas Tech University