automate db2 backup

contact me

Aug 10, 2015, 9:57:10 AM8/10/15
Hi Experts,
We are taking daily incremental backup, weekly once full online backup and prune of backup using separate steps/individual scripts. In addition to this we are using Merge Backup to build full copy from daily incrementals. So I would like to automate entire below functions in order and in Single script:
1. Daily incremental online backup
2. Weekly full online backup
3. Merger backups (weekly full copy + daily incrementals) on daily basis
4. Prune/delete backups older than 7 days (full and incrementals)
5. notify at each step
Environment: db2 10.1 fx4 on linux, local mounts (NO TSM)
Any assistance on this is appreciated by sharing sample scripts/thoughts/high level logic with error handling...